Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying new clubs

Florida Chatterbox

Buying new clubs

A friend is travelling out to Florida next week and wants to purchase some new clubs whilst he is out there. He has asked for recommendations of golf shops/outlets but he has definately asked the wrong person because I don't know one end of the stick from the other

Can anyone tell me the best places he should try

Thanks.
    Tracey

Gold 5 Star Member
    Edwin Watts has about 5 stores in the Orlando area. Web address is as you would expect.

Florida Expert
    Hi Tracey,

We are going out tommorrow and Dawn's son is going to buy some. We went all over last year looking for a new Driver for him and we found the best place was Golfsmiths it is situated near the mall at millenia next to Marshalls. They ahve a place inside where you can try them out and they will also adjust the clubs to suit. The prices were pretty good too. Cheaper than Edwin Watts.
    Steve & Dawn

wrpac00
    Check the prices of what you want first. I bought some Mizuno MX900 and they were the same price over here as they were in the US.

Hubby bought clubs to leave in Florida last time we were over.
    They came from Edwin Watts at the junction of 535 and 192.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for your help - I have passed on your comments.
    Tracey

What I would suggest is if your friend knows which clubs he wants, check the US websites such as www.taylormadefgolf.com for any special offers. I know a while ago, spend $400 and on Taylor Made products and get $200 of clubs free etc.etc.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    Definately try Edwin Watts,also a little advice if you intend buying new golf clubs,take your normal golf bag with you and a couple of old clubs[msnwink] you could even play a round of golf[msnwink] with your new clubs ?[msnwink] it could save you a lot of hassle through customs.

Florida Expert
    We bought golf clubs last month - Edwin Watts was good but more expensive than Golf and Tennis on the 192. Depends what level of clubs your friend wants. All the golf pro shops have top of the range ones or custom made for the more expert golfers.
    joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Hi

We have purchased clubs from Edwin Watts on International Drive,in the past this store is the clearance outlet and they tend to have a lot more than the store on 192.

Saying that I looked at some Nike Slingshots in Edwin Watts $799.00 (ladies)
    I then went on Ebay.com and got the same clubs for $400 delivered within 5 days to the villa. Just left my old ones there and bought my new ones home.

deb