Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Icelandair

Icelandair

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had used Icelandair via
    Reykjavik into Orlando. Would be grateful for comments
    on flight and service from them.

Also, we normally go to Orlando in June but next time
    we are thinking of going in March. Can you let me know
    what the weather is like in March and also are the parks
    quiet at that time.

Thanks in advance

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi RubAyr

Whilst I have not flown Icelandair myself, we always catch the late Virgin Flight out of Orlando, which leaves approx 30 mins after the Icelandair flight, so we are able to observe the aircraft and staff etc.

As you would expect, being a smaller carrier and the distances involved, the plane is not as large as a 747, but it always seems to be well maintianed.

The staff are smartly dressed and seem very helpful. The flights always seem full, once in the air I can't comment, but on the ground they seem well organised and always seem to leave on time.

With regard to the weather in March, are you going at the begining or end of the month ?, the closer to April you can go the better the weather is likely to be.

We have been twice at the end of March and the weather has been mixed, but out of a 2 week stay you should get a fair amount of sunshine and whilst there might be some cloud, the rain is not as frequent as in the summer months.

The sun, when it does come out, will still be "strong" so don't forget your sun cream. The temps during the day should be at least mid to late 70's or early 80's - you might want to take a jumper for the evening as it can drop to around late 50's.

As for the Parks, asssuming that it is not an early Easter, they should be ok, we didn't have to wait much above 10 - 15 mins for any of the rides during our stay, but best to avoid the weekends as this will always tend to be busier.

If it wasn't for the fact that we are "Themed Parked Out" and therefore mostly now go to Florida for the sun and shopping in May / June, if we were going for the Parks we would go in March or October.

Whatever happens on the weather front I am sure that you will have a good time.

DMC
    DMC

Florida Expert
    HI
    I have flown with icelandair on several ocassions
    the plane was small but the service was good and the staff although they might at first seem abrupt were very helpful and friendly
    this is one airline that tells you NOT to call and confirm your flight as it will be there
    i have never had any delays and on the plus side if this is still the case on leaving Orlando the flight you leave on normally arrives the day before so even if it is held up by a few hours you wont be as they have 24 hours to make up any lost time
    Rekevik is a small airport but clean with a few shops and a coffee bar they will take $ or £ from you
    last year there was a 4 hour wait in rekevik and in this time you were taken on a trip to the blue lagoon to pass the time although i have not done the trip yet i have friends who said it was wonderful you have to take your swimming costume
    hope this helps i have booked with them for March 2004
    i have a 16 night trip
    ann

Florida Chatterbox
    We have flown with Icelandair(from Glasgow) a few times and have already booked our flight in November with them (and we are presently looking at their flights in March).

Both planes were 757's and we found the legroom about the same as the other scheduled airlines. The service was excellent and the free trip to the Blue Lagoon was an added bonus. We arrived in Orlando quite late, but not nearly as tired as we have done when we have flown with e.g. AA or Continental. So far the flights that we have used have always been on time.

So its "thumbs up" all the way for Iclandair from us!

We find the weather very pleasant in March (warm during the day but cooler in the mornings and evenings)...and not nearly as hot and sticky as it can be in June.

As to the parks...sorry, can't help there ...being villa owners, we normally don't have time to visit the parks at this time of year...we are too busy with spring cleaning, painting the pool deck etc in preparation for the busy summer ahead.

Anne
    Jim & Anne
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/207.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Ann or Jim and Anne
    Can you advise how to book with Icelandair as i would be interested in using them from Glasgow too
    Ruth

Gold 5 Star Member
    A trip to the blue lagoon?

Sounds very thoughtful of them!

It would be nice if more companies did something of that nature!
    Orlandobabe

Florida Expert
    Ruth ill send you the number
    ann

Gold 5 Star Member
    Thanks Ann
    Ruth

Florida Chatterbox
    Ruth, I have sent you a PM ...didn't think I should post the links on the forum.

Anne
    Jim & Anne
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/207.aspx

Hi Anne, I've sent you a PM...hope thats ok !