Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Halloween at Celebration

Gold 5 Star Member

Halloween at Celebration

We've been in Florida a few times at Halloween but have not yet been to Celebration on Halloween night.
    Is there anything organised there?
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are some haunted houses in the town centre but the organised events come a couple of week earlier for leaf fall, there is no official Halloween celebration. You are better just walking into the streets a little way back from town and see what the locals have organised. Many try and outdo each other with home decorations and costumes, some very extravagent, kids will be running around in fancy dress and locals will be doling out the treats on their front porches. I will be one of them.
    Julie

Florida Newbie
    Next weekend there are special events in Celebration between 5pm and 9pm with live music in the square and a special "leaf" drop. We have been to this before and it was a great free night!! Lots to see & do with the special "leaves" having some discount vouchers for the shops. Celebration's own town's web site has info.

Florida Newbie
    I have found the web site again it is: www.celebration.fl.us
    Look under special events Enjoy!

I have heard that Celebration is quite something at Halloween although I have never managed to make it yet. If we were over I would definitley go down and take a look, the residents really push the boat out apparently. [msnsmile2]

Liesel
    Liesel
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2146.aspx
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2900.aspx

We went last year, it was just fantastic! Spend time driving around the community in your car. You can park up and walk through different gardens and garages. Very scary [msnoo].The residents put so much effort into it and try to outdo each other. I don't know if they still do it, but there was also a bus which toured around and allowed you to stop off to view the houses that were decorated.

Debra

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am so looking forward to going to Celebration over the Halloween season, next weekend sounds interesting, thank you so much for the info

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    I am so looking forward to going to Celebration over the Halloween season, next weekend sounds interesting, thank you so much for the info
    [/quote]

Have a drive round the houses Carol alot of the residents go to an awful lot of trouble, its a nearly as good as the Christmas ones.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Dont know about the bus but the horse and carriage rides are already operating.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have instructed the family that we have plans for Saturday night[msnwink] I have wanted to drive round Celebration for a while, this will definately be the trip we do it!! [msnsmile2]