Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas dinner/deserts

Florida Newbie

Christmas dinner/deserts

Hi, I am planning to cook a traditional xmas dinner. Turkey and all the bits that go with it,but have heard that, mince pies and xmas pudding can not be bought in florida. So I would like to know what do american's eat as deserts after their xmas meal as we would like to try something different

Gold 5 Star Member
    Pecan pie, pumpkin pie, plum loaf and, probably in Florida, Key Lime pie perhaps?
    blott

We used to make a deep key lime pie for desert. Turkey for main with fresh cranbury sauce and of course Indian Corn and biscuits.
    Deep frying the whole turkey is very popular, but be very careful.

You can get a packet of plain sponge pudding mixture and throw in you own fruit and a liitle sherry or brandy and you will think you are back in UK they sell them in PUBLIXS AND WALMART and you can steamed or microwave .
    Have a lovely christmas .[msnsmile2]
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Anything with cream or brandy over it would be good [msntongue][msnwink]
    Chris & Peter

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    when we were over for Christmas we could not find any little sausages for the traditional sausages wrapped in bacon.
    Christine

Florida Chatterbox
    We will be doing the same Ida but I will be cheating when it comes to desserts. Perkins restaurants sell numerous desserts (apple pies, lemon meringue) or the supermarkets do some lovely cheesecakes. Not as adventurous as pumpkin pie or Blotts other suggestions but will keep my lot happy!
    Tracey

Florida Newbie
    what is indian corn and biscuits, sounds good

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
    when we were over for Christmas we could not find any little sausages for the traditional sausages wrapped in bacon.[/quote]The ordinary US sausages are the little ones except they call them sausages and not chipolatas! [msnwink]
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    Someone has asked me to take them some Mince Pies over I see you are saying you can,t is that a definate only last year I did take a pudding over in my case no problem[msnwink]