Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2006

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
    No Karen still wracking the brain!

Well another couple of weekends have passed and I was back home last weekend in Germany so we went to the Netherlands for the day and I got a load of nice knick knacks for friends and some samshing stuff for the villa. I am off to Leeds this weekend to try to finish off.

It is my Mums 60th in two weeks and I am taking her and my Dad home to Germany for the week and the Xmas markets are in full flow in Germany by then, I am quite excited by it all. Also they are bringing the first German Xmas market to York this year to so whilst I am still here midweek I can have a touch of home on the doorstep.[beer]

[/quote]
    i bet Germany is beautiful when ready for christmas? have always wanted to take my mum and dad there, my dad comes from near you Jacq i believe, Dusseldorf? Dortmund?
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I am going to Cologne for a couple of days at the beginning of December, my hubby has his work Christmas meal there this year and apparently we will get to go to the Christmas Market there on the Friday.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Sarah there are dozens of Christams markets in Koln! My parents are actually staying there for 4 days when I go back to work. If you type in xmas markets Koln into google you will find a list. There is a huge market in the city centre, it's a few years since we have been to Koln Xmas market although I am in Koln every second weekend at the minute we tend to do Dusseldorf and Moenchengladbach, I am all excited just thinking about it all![xmas2]

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...............
    CDV

take your camera Jacq pretty please[msnwink]
    Liesa

I will Liesa, I did last year but the pictures were cack!
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sarah there are dozens of Christams markets in Koln! My parents are actually staying there for 4 days when I go back to work. If you type in xmas markets Koln into google you will find a list. There is a huge market in the city centre, it's a few years since we have been to Koln Xmas market although I am in Koln every second weekend at the minute we tend to do Dusseldorf and Moenchengladbach, I am all excited just thinking about it all![xmas2]

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...............
    [/quote]

Thanks CDV I am really looking forward to it.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Well another weekend has passed and just back from the Rememberance Sevice at York Minister...very nice!

Had two great days of Xmas shopping Friday in York and Saturday in Leeds, thing is I keep buying things for folks and end up keeping it for myself!!! Next weekend is Manchester so I have to have more willpower.
    CDV

Jacqueline, you would be proud of me. I have been here in WWB for a week and today is the first day I have shopped. Had lunch with friends at The Cheesecake Factory and then just had to go and buy a pair of shoes. Thought I did well, 6 hours and only one shopping bag!! Enjoy next weekend in Manchester - St. Ann's Sq. here comes CDV!!!!!

Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    Well another weekend has passed and just back from the Rememberance Sevice at York Minister...very nice!

Had two great days of Xmas shopping Friday in York and Saturday in Leeds, thing is I keep buying things for folks and end up keeping it for myself!!! Next weekend is Manchester so I have to have more willpower.
    [/quote]

Off to Manchester this afternoon, our sons are going to the WWE event tonight and then we are going to shop at the Trafford Center tomorrow.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    Jacqueline, you would be proud of me. I have been here in WWB for a week and today is the first day I have shopped. Had lunch with friends at The Cheesecake Factory and then just had to go and buy a pair of shoes. Thought I did well, 6 hours and only one shopping bag!! Enjoy next weekend in Manchester - St. Ann's Sq. here comes CDV!!!!!

Sandra
    [/quote]

I am proud of you Sandra, apart from only 1 shopping bag

Looking forward to Manchester next weekend. I just love cities at this time of year they give me such a buzz, Leeds and Manchester remind me of Glasgow in a way which is probably why I love them.
    CDV