Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas food shopping

Florida Expert
    Are you saying that Publix was open on Christmas Day or did you mean Christmas Eve ? We don't arrive at Tampa until about 7.30pm on Christmas Eve so if somewhere was open on Christmas Day it would be great !!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dbrook
    We cooked at home on Christmas Day but decided to have a BBQ instead of traditional Christmas lunch.

The wonderful thing was the supermarket was almost empty and no queueing on Christmas Day (Publix at Berry Town Centre on US 27). For once I enjoyed my Christmas food shop!
    [/quote]

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Just to confirm I found 7 different boxes of crackers today!! (Tom Smith).
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
    Are you saying that Publix was open on Christmas Day or did you mean Christmas Eve ? We don't arrive at Tampa until about 7.30pm on Christmas Eve so if somewhere was open on Christmas Day it would be great !!!

We cooked at home on Christmas Day but decided to have a BBQ instead of traditional Christmas lunch.

The wonderful thing was the supermarket was almost empty and no queueing on Christmas Day (Publix at Berry Town Centre on US 27). For once I enjoyed my Christmas food shop!
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    We also arrive late evening on xmas eve and wondered if anyone knows what time Walmarts/ Publix stay open until. I have e-mailed Walmart to ask but have received no reply.

Jane

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by zerotone
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    We also arrive late evening on xmas eve and wondered if anyone knows what time Walmarts/ Publix stay open until. I have e-mailed Walmart to ask but have received no reply.

Jane
    [/quote]
    Jane
    Does it say anything on their websites?
    Nic

From memory - Walmart closed at 8pm last Christmas Eve, and Publix closed at 6p.m.

wrpac00
    What Carol said is correct. I had to find out this info for a renter I had last year who wasn't arriving until 9:30pm. In the end they sent me a shopping list and my MC got it in.

For Christmas Pud why not use an online supplier and order one to be delivered to your villa or the management company before you arrive. A quick google found this sample:

http://www.ukgoods.com/matthew-walke...ing-p-283.html

For a good Xmas Dinner, head to PUblix [maybe you can even order online these days?] Deli and order a Christmas dinner for Xpeople. Pick up at chosen time on Xmas Eve [close at 6pm] you get a Turkey Crown pre cooked with instructions to warm it, Fresh cooked Mash, Stuffing, and Gravy, then you can buy Veg and cranberry sause etc separate. We did this at the villa once and it was marvellous. Everything came ready to go in the oven with cooking times on it.

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I buy all my stuff at Publix on Xmas Eve, first year I was worried I would not get a Turkey....silly me! The pre bookable sounds a good idea for guests arriving late in the day Susan.
    CDV