Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Maps

Florida Chatterbox

Maps

I have a map of Florida and one of Orlando but it doesn't give Westridge where we are staying as concentrates on Disney area. Can I download or get a street map here before I go - remember getting lost once or twice before. Be grateful for any ideas guys?

Lisi

Florida Expert
    lisi you can check out the map by going onto the villa sites(click on the link above for orlando villas) then youll find the map link.

westridge is number 5 on the map. you wont get lost

its on the west (lefthand) side of the us 27 half way between the juntions of the 192 and the i4(the 192 is like a dual carriageway and the i4 is more like a motorway)

when you visit universal and sea world i would suggest you drive south and then go east on the i4. if visiting disney depending on the time of day you can go the same route up the i4 and turn off for disney or go north up the 27 then east(right) onto the 192. then if it gets busy you can use the short cuts and new road into the back of disney

its sometimes good to use the 192 if you want to stop of for a take away on the way home or grabbing breakfast at 7/11 or something from walgreens etc, but in saying that all those things can be found at the i4/27 junction area. its just really if someone then wants something when youve joined the i4 then tough - til you turn off!

the other thing is that you can pick up maps and voucher books which show the roads apart from printing the web map and the one the car hire company give you. have fun[msnsmile2]
    Trev

Florida Expert
    We bought some really good maps yesterday at the book shop in Orlando airport - it is the shop near the starbucks.
    They have some maps that shop Orlando and have separate sections for Disney and then Kissimmee over to the 27. Worth having a look when you arrive.
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for that. Actually we are going to Tampa not Orlando and driving down, but guess I can find something at the airport there too and I forgot about the car hire map. Thanks Trevlad for your info - I just get muddled sometimes when no 1 son is driving and he gets impatient if I don't know exactly where we are going!!

Lisi

You can hire a sat nav unit from us, it will take you straight to the villa www.uscarhire.co.uk/sat-nav.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lisi
    Thanks for that. Actually we are going to Tampa not Orlando and driving down, but guess I can find something at the airport there too and I forgot about the car hire map. Thanks Trevlad for your info - I just get muddled sometimes when no 1 son is driving and he gets impatient if I don't know exactly where we are going!!

Lisi[/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Martin - have just looked at it and seems a lot of money to me, but then what do I know! I don't do the driving. I just get us lost when navigating!! Will ask no 1 son what he thinks but would be interested to hear how others have got on with the sat nav during their stay in Florida

Lisi

Florida Expert
    Lisi you could go on google maps and enter Tampa airport and the address of your villa and it will give you a map and full directions you can print off to take with you. I always tell guests to reverse it as well to get back to the airport.
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Lisi - if you have the address and zip code of where you are staying, you can look it up on Mapquest via the internet. Westridge is on the US27 I'm sure.
    Pam

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks guys - I was more interested in the area around Westridge rather than from the airport - but guess the airport shops will have something. Thank you for your help

Lisi

HELLO

THE SAT NAV IS A MUST AS EVERY YEAR WE GO WE RENT THE IT.
    IN THE PAST WE LEARNT THE HARD WAY, GETTING LOST AND LOOSING HOURS OUT OF OUR HOLIDAY.

TIME IS PRECIOUS WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE 2 WEEKS AND MY ADVISE IS TO SPEND AN EXTRA FEW $$$$$$$ AND MAKE LIFE EASY ON YOURSELVES.

WE ALL KNOW HOW STRESSFUL IT IS DRIVING IN ANOTHER COUNTRY AND ALSO READING MAPS AND ENDING UP IN THE WRONG DIRECTION ON A HIGHWAY AND THEN YOU MUST DRIVE FOR ABOUT 20 KM TO EXIT OFF AND TURN BACK.

ALSO YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE KIDS SAYING " ARE WE THERE YET, ARE WE THERE YET??? "

SO YES YES YES GET THE SAT NAV.............

KIND REGARDS

REGINA AND BARRY