Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Toll Roads

Florida Newbie

Toll Roads

Has the toll road system changed in Orlando? I'm sure that when I went in '97 and '93 you did not pay any tolls when you went from the airport to I-Drive on the Beeline Expressway (in fact the advice use to be that if you paid a toll you are going the wrong way!). The maps in the travel brochures all seem to show a toll booth between the airport and the main Orlando area.

Am I just going mad?

p.s. how much is the toll?

Florida Chatterbox
    Hello Bryan

Yes, this is a toll road. There are 2 toll booths - 75 cents and 50 cents.

Claire
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-572.aspx

Florida Expert
    Hi Bryan,
    Claire is correct and if you go via the new Greeneway the same applies. If you are leaving from Sanford there are 7 (I think) tolls on the Greeneway so you will need $7.

Mike and Kath

Florida Newbie
    Is there any way of getting to Kissimmee (Lindfields) without going on the toll roads - I'm not sure we'll have any local currency when we arrive.

Thanks
    Jackie

Jackie, my best advice to you would be to get some at Orlando airport, if you can't get any actual dollars from your own bank. Most banks, world wide, carry real currency. Also if you have travellers checks you can use these as cash at the Toll Booths and they will give you change. Just don't try to give them anything bigger than a US$20 check.

You can leave Orlando airport, travel along Sand Lake Road and then join Interstate 4, taking this down to Hwy 192 and then using 192 to get to Lindfields. However you will get involved in local traffic which could be quite heavy, depending on the time of day. It is also a slower and longer route. I am not sure but you might even find that you have to use the BeeLine for a short way so will still have to pay a toll.
    Carla

Florida Newbie
    Thanks.

So did I imagine that you never use to have to pay a toll?

Florida Chatterbox
    Not sure that there is any easy way around the Toll's if your are heading from the Airport to I'Drive / Kissimmee.

For the actual cost involved verus the disruption of finding another route it is better just to pay the toll.

If you can purchase a few smaller Dollar Notes in the UK, they will always come in handy, prior to you getting into the swing of spending your Travellers Cheques.

DMC
    DMC