Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Legged Freaks

Florida Expert

Eight Legged Freaks

There is an 8 legged freak trapped under a dish in my living room. It's huge! I hate spiders. Has anybody else noticed that there seems to be far more of them about in September? Is it mating time or something?[msnscared]

ALR

There are definitely more spiders around this year, there was an article about this on TV apparently it's all down to the weather!!
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    Yes, we have had several, but one in particular I swear had clogs on!! it made a dash across the living room and one brave Hubby went the other way leaving me to deal with it. When I tried to put a dish over it, it jumped, but eventually I took it for a very long walk down the road and let it loose outside someone else's home, nasty arn't I?
    Dorothy

Gold 5 Star Member
    not so much spiders but we have lots of huge dragonflys at the minute

i must admit if any spiders pop up in my house, my dh is the person to deal with them and if he's not around then they get sucked up the hoover[msnscared]

Mizzy

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    As I write there are at least a million daddy longlegs trying to get in-must be the dry weather.

Florida Junior
    I'm glad someone else has seen a rise in the number of spiders in their house as I was beginning to worry.

I keep on letting them go outside and then a couple of days later its back and appears to have found the way back home ! and they are all huge [msnwink]
    Lisa
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2975.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Since buying our home, I have learnt that the little innocent white puff balls I see all around the outside of our home, sheds etc, are infact Spider balls, and that is where the babies have been waiting to hatch since the summer[msneek] I am told when they hatch there are hundreds in each ball[msnscared] I don't want to alarm you folks but the number of these puff balls around the outside of our home is visibly around 40 +, so I don't want to think about the thousands that are currently hatching near by [msneek][msnoo]yuk!!

Florida Expert
    It's gone now, I left it waiting to go walkies with hubby when he came home from work this morning.

I've certainly noticed an increase. The kids have been warned to keep the patio doors firmly shut! I don't want anymore uninvited guests![msnwink]

ALR

Florida Expert
    Not so much spiders but lots of daddy long legs[:O] Oh horrible looking things with their long dangly legs yuk. I'm with Mizzy, if hubby not around then up the hoover they go or a firm slap from a magazine[msnembarrased][msnscared][msnsmile2]
    vicky

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
    Since buying our home, I have learnt that the little innocent white puff balls I see all around the outside of our home, sheds etc, are infact Spider balls, and that is where the babies have been waiting to hatch since the summer[msneek] I am told when they hatch there are hundreds in each ball[msnscared] I don't want to alarm you folks but the number of these puff balls around the outside of our home is visibly around 40 +, so I don't want to think about the thousands that are currently hatching near by [msneek][msnoo]yuk!![/quote]OMG! This thread now reminds me of the film Arachnaphobia where they all hatched out in the basement and went... everywhere! [msneek] [msneek] [msncry]

Funnily enough, we usually get piles of spiders inside around this time of the year because they like to come in out of the cold and wet - they're not daft then! [msnwink] We haven't had more than about two so far which means the rest will be arriving... any time now I guess. [msnscared] [msncry]
    blott