Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Map of Orlando

Florida Newbie

Map of Orlando

Can anyone advise me on a good map that I can buy of Orlando (covering both I-Drive all the way down to Crescent Lakes) that I can purchase in the UK.

I've been to Orlando before and picked up the free maps that I always find pretty good but staying in a villa is new to me and I would like to understand some of the area better before I go.

Booking to go in March 2004 and staying (hopefully) in Crescent Lakes.

Florida Expert
    Can't help with the maps as I have tried hard to find some good ones here in the UK but could not find any. Ended up waiting until we were next out there and buying in US.

With regard to booking for March 2004, don't leave it too late to book as dates are going quite fast. The sooner you enquire the more choice of villa and location you'll have.

Jeff
    Jeff & Dallas Myers
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/256.aspx

You could play around online with http://www.mapquest.com and that will also print your route out for you.
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    There are at least two excellent street atlases of Greater Orlando, covering everything you need and set up like our own A to Z. One is from www.trakkermaps.com and costs around $20; the other is from the Orlando Chamber of Commerce and called "Greater Orlando Street Atlas" at the same price. Both are very large scale and cover all streets. You can order them on-line or phone them. They are very helpful.
    Nostromo

Florida Newbie
    Will try on-line. Always find that maps a bit painful to use.

Paying the deposit for the villa tomorrow. Can't wait.

Florida Newbie
    quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

There are at least two excellent street atlases of Greater Orlando, covering everything you need and set up like our own A to Z. One is from www.trakkermaps.com and costs around $20; the other is from the Orlando Chamber of Commerce and called "Greater Orlando Street Atlas" at the same price. Both are very large scale and cover all streets. You can order them on-line or phone them. They are very helpful.
    Thanks Nostromo

Florida Newbie
    I've been looking out for maps as I would like to be able to study them in the UK, rather than have to figure out how to get somewhere using a map from the airport that you have never seen before. This combined with a long flight, a hopeless sense of direction and having to contend with driving on the other side of the road with three other people in the car each with their own view of which way you should be going, is something I would rather avoid! - although I am sure I will still get lost (my wife wishes I would anyway!!)

I have ordered an Orlando street atlas from www.trakkermaps.com for (19.95 + postage) - it seems to be just what I need. Thanks for the tip Nostromo.

Florida Chatterbox
    Try your local bookstore.
    Anderson, Amirah & Andrea Amarante

Gold 5 Star Member
    The best local map book we found was on the 192 just by Denny's near IDrive, was full of great maps and coupons, worst part was we found it on our last morning and i meant to bring it home
    but left it in the hire car
    Chrisj