Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BA or Virgin ?

Florida Chatterbox
    We have flown Virgin and BA, and we would always go Virgin, like a few people have said they are really good if you have kids. The entertaiment on-board is much better than BA.

I would probably choose BA for economy and Virgin for PE. But a lot would also depend on our party and the seating configurations

Agree with the comment that BA fly out of North terminal at Gatwick, which is by far, a better terminal. Also BA flights are schedled to leave / arrive just before the Virgin flights and if you are quick, or lucky, you can beat the queues at the car hire desks that tend to glow after both flights have landed. If you can treat yourselves to business seats ( now and again if there is a good deal) BA are better with the flat beds.
    Having said that, BA economy flight last month was rubbish food and the a few of the attendants seemed to have lost the plot when it comes to customer service.
    paul
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1470.aspx

Florida Newbie
    It really can only be jugged on each flight, had good and bad days, I have flown BA and it was fine very happy, I have flown Virgin more and each trip can be different, all have been good but the last trip on the way back I had the food waist bag/bin dropped on my feet not once but twice and to top it off a full stack of used tea/coffee cups just for good measure, we was next to the galley and door exit and every time they turned the trolley the bag fell out the back, they was 3 staff short on that flight + the flight was full 480+. They was doing there best but by the end they was pulling there hair out and felt sorry for them. Like someone says I too love the business runs like NY very pro but I so love Florida I will have to put up with the bucket and spades.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Only flown with BA once, was our most expensive flight ever to Orlando, and to be honest, having flown with Virgin, and AA, Delta , Continental and some charter carries. I would go with all of those before BA again by choice. I am afraid the theory of you get what you pay for , was just not the case on that occasion. I am sure it is possible we would use them again, but not in the last 10 years have we found a reason to.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by T2M
    It really can only be jugged on each flight, had good and bad days, [/quote]

I have to agree with that. I've never found any 1 airline consistently better than another, particularly if flying economy.

Cramped conditions, cursory servcie, food you would never dream of ordering on the ground eaten with plastic cups and trays using plastic cutlery.

A means of getting to where you want to go and little more.

Florida Expert
    have flown virgin 10 + times now they are an excellent airline however last 6 flights have been poor - defective hand sets old planes no games poorish food broken seats. lovely staff dont get me wrong.

go with ba..............
    Trev

wrpac00
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
    have flown virgin 10 + times now they are an excellent airline however last 6 flights have been poor - defective hand sets old planes no games poorish food broken seats. lovely staff dont get me wrong.

go with ba..............
    [/quote]

I presume you mean 'Head Sets'? You just ask them for another one.

Always had games on our flights plus I thought they had one of the youngest fleets around!!! Foods also been fine, perhaps you have been a bit unlucky.

Florida Newbie
    Oh ya forgot to mention the IFE, once you have flown Vport you are spoilt! that Nova IFE is the pits.

Florida Expert
    Virgin to the states for me everytime and I work for BA!!!!![msnembarrased]

I just like the fun factor that Virgin provides and I have never had any problems with them. I did fly BA earlier this year and to me for a long flight it was nothing to write home about for either the outbound or inbound sector (should have me on those flights that would liven things up).

Virgin crew seem to be more present in the cabin whereas BA crew got the drinks and food out ASAP then disappeared until feeding time again!!

Virgin Atlantic.... go on... go for it.

I have to admit that my flights are either in Upper Class (VS) or Club (BA)[msnembarrased][msncool]
    Matt

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/602.aspx