Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Five year aniversary

Gold 5 Star Member
    Like many of you I will never forget that day – it was and still is absolutely unbelievable.
    I didn’t know anyone directly involved but I was very much affected by the events. I still find it extremely hard to watch footage of the attacks without getting tearful. Those images are so hard to forget

I have some photos of the NY skyline taken on my one and only visit in 1997 – the twin towers shining magnificently in the autumn sunshine – I often get my album out just to look at these particular pics
    Would love to go back to NY one day and visit ground zero to pay my respects and remember

We went to Florida shortly after 9/11 and the public grief mixed with fervent patriotism was an unreal experience. On the fifth anniversary my thoughts and prayers are still very much with all those involved on that terrible day [grouphug]
    Julie

We visited Ground Zero in December last year - an incredibly moving experience. My thougths are with all those affected on this day.
    Els
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2085.aspx

Florida Newbie
    I, like many others saw the tragic events of that day unfold on live tv. It will stay with me forever. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by that terrible event.

our thoughts and prayers go out to all involved with 9/11 God Bless you all xx we will never forget xx
    Liesa

5 years.....it seems like yesterday.
    Like everyone else I will never forget.

Liz

Florida Expert
    I remember coming in from school, kicking my shoes off after what seemed like a hectic day, and putting the kettle on ready to sit down in front of the news with a cup of tea. Like many others I couldn't grasp what had happened, it all seemed tragically unreal, watching in disbelief.

My thoughts go out to everyone, and hope that some of the families take comfort from the fact that they are united in their grief, no matter what their colour or creed. As you see all people stand shoulder to shoulder united in this sad event, I hope the message is conveyed to the perpetrators that we can accept one another's faiths and beliefs throughout such tragedy.

ALR

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I can't believe the time, we were in Puerto Banus and the receptionist told us about it, it was dificult though trying to follow the reporting in Spanish, although did we really need words? I remember getting really shirty the day or so after when they had the minutes silence and all the European toursists were just larking around[V]

It's still upseting to watch and the knock on affect around the world is horrendeous and I believe we live in a much more dangerous world because of it.
    CDV

There is a very sad programme on Wed on 4 at 10pm called 9/11 Liars all about people who survived but chose to go missing and pretend they have perished in the towers[msnsad] and others making false insurance claims[confused]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVillaIt's still upseting to watch and the knock on affect around the world is horrendeous and I believe we live in a much more dangerous world because of it.
    [/quote]
    Dubya would have us believe otherwise

Did anyone see "The Path to 9/11" on BBC2 Sun/Mon? I thought it was very well done...it focussed on the events and decisions that might have led to 9/11, not the actual attack itself. Of course a lot of information is classified and might never be known, but it was very intelligently put together. What did come across was the incredible 'CYA' decisions of many of the politicians
    Keith

Florida Expert
    September 11th 2001 was the funeral of a much loved aunt who had lived a long and fullfilled life. When we travelled to the after funeral meal we heard the news of the tradgedy on the car radio . Our son had arrived in New York just the night before from Boston and I remember all day long trying to make contact with him . Thank God he was safe and sound but those memories still remain with us . Our prayers at this time of rememberance are with the loved ones of those who perished ,may all who perished rest in peace .
    Olive