Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universal or Disney California

Florida Chatterbox

Universal or Disney California

hi all could anyone give any advice on the following-

i will have 1 day spare so which is the best for adults as not been to any in LA before,

are they as good as Florida's

Cheers

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    LA's Disney isn't a patch on the one in Florida I don't think. Never been to Universal there though but you could try the Six Flags or even Knott's Berry Farm, both with good reviews.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    I take it there near LA?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes, Six Flags is in LA and Knott's Berry Farm is about 10 miles from Anaheim (which is where Disney is located).

I think John (floridadreamvilla.co.uk) has been to Knott's Berry Farm. Have a look here. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_17639.asp
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    Looks good but is it just roller coaster or any showns etc etc

Gold 5 Star Member
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Paul

Having been to both Florida and LA (both Disney & Universal Studios) my personal choice would be Universal. We're just back from LA last month and spent the day at Universal.

Like Blott says, they're not as big as the Florida parks but just as fun.

Universal only has one park in LA - it doesn't have Islands of Adventure which has the rollercoasters. However,it does have the same shows and rides as the Florida one ie. Revenge of the Mummy, Jurassic Park, Backlot tour (saw the crash scene from War of the Worlds and thought it was amazing, Back to the Future and a whole lot more! You'll get an entire list from the Universal Web Site. It also has City Walk which has great shops and bars/restaurants.

Disney is very similar to Florida, however, it has two parks, Disneyland and California Adventure which has a coaster ride and water rides (again, check the website for a full list).

If you're talking just adults, I'd go for Universal definitely - you'll get a lot more out of it and a day will enable you to see everything there.

You'll have a geat time whichever one you choose [msnsmile]
    Ann-Marie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Total agree Ann-Marie! If we had been to the LA Disney first, it may have been my last( I thought it was awful on just about every Level!)That being said, I have not been to Califonia Adventure park as it wasn't built when we went to LA.
    Universal was great, there were some gfabulous views too as you travelled onto the different levels by escalators!! I think there were 3 or 4, can't quite remember.

Florida Chatterbox
    Yeah, have agree with you too about Disney Carol. Although I really enjoy Disney, Anaheim just didn't do it for me.

Universal is on two levels and the views are terrific from the top lot. It was fab just to look out over the San Fernando Valley and down over the Studio lots. Unfortunately, didn't see any celebs that day - must have been their day off[msnsad]

Paul - if you do go to Univesal - take the escalator down/up - not the steps!! Unless you feel you need the exercise[msnwink]
    Ann-Marie

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Ann Marie looks like Universal then

cheers all