Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discovery Cove

Florida Expert
    We've just got back from Orlando and DC was our best day ever. You will have a wonderful time.
    Be prepared to be asked for photo ID all over the place, not just DC. If you pay by credit card you will more often than not be asked for ID and if you go to any of the Disney Hotels for a meal you will also need photo ID.
    Jo-Anne
    Jo-Anne

We visited DC for the first time and had a great time. Better than we could imagine.
    Maggie

We have found that the photo driving licences have been great for holidays in the States and we got ours as soon as theycame out, we were never comfortable having to show passports in bars, etc, when we were holidaying there (that would be before we had kids!).

As well as taking photodopies of passports I would leave acopy at home or with someone you trust as if it is in your bags and your bags go missing you are no better off.

Hi Guys

Just wondering about Discovery Cove. Is it worth the money to swim with the dolphins as we have heard you only get about 4 to 5 mins. in the water with them.
    Is this true.
    I have a daughter aged 14 and she has been pleading to go.
    What are your thoughts on paying for the swim too as we will definitly go to the Park .

thanks in advance

REGINA

Florida Chatterbox
    its a few years since we went and i know my daughter and grandaughter did the swim with the dolphins and they were in a lot longer than that and i know they wouldnt have missed for the world great day out

Florida Expert
    It's more like 45 mins in the water. A great day out. The food is good, and there is plenty to do, in a relaxing atmosphere.
    Mary

Florida Expert
    You get 30 minutes with the dolphins. You are in a small group of anything up to 10 people depending on the family groups. You are photographed and videoed all the way through. It is a magical (but cold!!)experience and you are in the water for the whole time, stroking and touching the dolphin and learning hand signals etc.
    The experience ends with a swim into the middle of the lagoon with the trainer who then calls the dolphin over and you hold onto its fin and get pulled through the water for about 20 seconds back to the edge of the lagoon.
    The whole thing is wonderful - as is the experience of the park generally.
    We will definitely do the park again probably without the dolphin swim as it is a once in a lifetime experience and there is such a lot more to do and see anyway at Discovery Cove without the dolphin swim.
    You won't be disappointed.
    Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

My husband and 16 year old were really not fussed about going, but the smiles on their faces in the photos says it all. Don't forget to go to the avairy first thing, so you can feed the birds.
    Shirley

Florida Newbie
    Hi Guys Has anyone DC @ nite her indoors no to good at swimming so quite likes the thought of the nite adventure. Any Thoughts

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by crow
    Hi Guys Has anyone DC @ nite her indoors no to good at swimming so quite likes the thought of the nite adventure. Any Thoughts
    [/quote]

my husband is not a swimmer as such and has little confidence in the water but still managed the dolphin swim, there are float vests for all ages and sizes

i also agree with many others on here, DC was one of our best days in orlando and not just for the dolphin interaction, the whole atmosphere was great and we had a lovely relaxing day, after the hurly burly of the theme parks it was good to just chill [msnsmile]

Mizzy