Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VS075 late or what

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
    Seems odd that last week in the middle of the chaos the flights seemed to be only 3 hours behind and getting worse as time goes on [?]
    Is this because things have toughened up in the US [?]
    [/quote]

The disruption of the first day has a knock on effect, which builds. You can expect to see this disruption increasing for a few weeks I would imagine. There are strict rules about turn around times for crew and the amount of time they have to have off between flights for health and safety reasons. If flights are delayed, it bumps all the schedules around, especially for airlines which are operating well below the required flight crew levels. I shall name no names!
    Liesel
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2146.aspx
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2900.aspx

Florida Newbie
    Looks like the change may be the problem, VAST went out on Monday and VLIP came back the next morning, thats when it all started going wrong!!!

VS075 now due to depart at 1645[msnsad]

It is does not matter which aircraft it is, what they need to do is to bring up an extra aircraft so stop the knock on effect and bring things back on time[clap]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Liesel
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
    Seems odd that last week in the middle of the chaos the flights seemed to be only 3 hours behind and getting worse as time goes on [?]
    Is this because things have toughened up in the US [?]
    [/quote]

The disruption of the first day has a knock on effect, which builds. You can expect to see this disruption increasing for a few weeks I would imagine. There are strict rules about turn around times for crew and the amount of time they have to have off between flights for health and safety reasons. If flights are delayed, it bumps all the schedules around, especially for airlines which are operating well below the required flight crew levels. I shall name no names!
    [/quote]

They have plenty of standby crews though so thats not the probelm, the problem is as I stated above[msnwink]

One very well known airline is apparently operating 300 pilots below the required level. Can't reveal my sources but he may well be a pilot - I hear that they are arriving at the gate after landing, to find a mangaer waiting for them on the tarmac, to tell them they will be flying again in 12 hours. They have to have 2 days off in 12, which means that many of them will be abroad when their rest days are due, so the airline has to find another pilot to send out there to fly the plane back. It is exacerbating the current problem.
    Liesel
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2146.aspx
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/2900.aspx

VS075 now due to depart at 1800[msnsad]

Florida Expert
    julie we were on vs 75 on tuesday from manc it was over 7.30hrs late the reason was that the cr .ap plane used had originally flown from gatwick to orlando on a mega delay and then back to manc. london had been getting mega delats but manc had apparently been on 2-3 hours. any way suns shining now!!
    Trev

Florida Newbie
    Glad you got there trev, have a good one

Florida Newbie
    VS075 Due in to Orlando at 10pm local time (3am our time!) it says VS073 is Cancelled on the Orlando airport site, may have been room to get everybody on the one plane? I reckon Virgin are holding VS073 back for the 10.25 VS075 tomorrow morning.

They have to do something to get the flight patterns back in sync. People are going to get fed up and start to complain if the airlines can't get this back on track. Or loose money cos people won;t want to fly.
    Dominic & Melanie Graham

OMG I hope they hurry up and get it back on track in the next few days. We are flying out next week on VS075 and were hoping they'd have caught up with the back-logs and ironed out their problems by then. On my countdown now!!! [8D][8D][8D]
    Pam