Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eating Out on the Gulf Coast

Florida Expert
    I like Howards but it gets the thumbs down from most if not all Rotonda owners. Sam's as you saw has gone, Gulf View Grill I have never tried but others say it's OK, Lock and Key I am pretty sure don't do breakfast, Tiffany's opposite Wal Mart do a good breakfast.
    Clare R

Florida Savvy
    Well at howards I just had a crab cake sandwich, son ahd a different one. Both were good. Haven't tried any of their more complicated dishes- perhaps this is where it falls down? I'm sure I'll eventually find out.

I liked that they give out a free soup. I had the seafood bisque, and although the flavor was fine, I'd rather pay a couple of bucks and not have them thicken it so- it was a bit 'floury' for want of a better word.

Will have to do a self serv bkfst before or after the beach then lol.

A

We have always liked Gulf View Grill but was disappointed when taking friends there that they had 'run out of' white wine! Our friends still insisted on picking up the tab and left a tip but just to add further insult they discovered a further $10 had been added before it reached their credit card.
    Maureen Green

Florida Savvy
    I'll keep a lookout for that little trick when I go, thanks Mo.

Florida Junior
    A couple of Breakfast spots-

Denny's - (Route 776, near 775) Every type breakfast food and many egg combination plates, I always walk away with a full belly and loosen a notch or two on the belt! Pancakes, waffles, french toast and more.

Morning Muse- Not many know about this little place off the route 771 (Gasparilla Rd), just north of Ingraham on the parallel road named Wiltshire. Small place with a few tables but have great service, custom made omelets that are great. The chef cooks from a wheelchair.

SuperDay- (Route 776 & 771) If you are in a hurry and need to pick something up quick and go. Yes it is a petrol station, but they also have store inside with good food all day. Okay this may new to some but they have 'Breakfast Pizza', you may want to try it out? Also other food like eggs bacon sausage always hot to go and you pay by the pound for as much as you like.

Howards is good american, you can also try Country Hound too.

Soo many other little cafe's to list in the Englewood / Rotonda / Cape Haze area as well.

If you have large parties over 6 to 8, they usually state it up front in the menu that they will automatically add in the tab a 15% gratuity. So if you had a 'few', be careful to look at the credit slip.

GulfCoveFL

Florida Savvy
    thanks Kurt.

andrea

Florida Savvy
    I went again In January, but was too busy to eat out much. Was only there for 5 days getting th houseready for rental clients.

We ate at Jonny Leverocks. the food was goodish, but the service was pretty awful. We ate at Marina Jacks in Sarasota one lunchtime as we were there shopping. I had a lovely crab quesadilla. Finally, I was impressed with the Mel's diner in Pt Charotte. A very good burger, and it was on my talble less than 5 mins after walking in the door. Magic, and cheap too. Good place for lunch if you are out that way shopping. Moslty I picked up stuff from Publix and ate at home this time.

Places on my list for my next trip are:

Farlow's on the water, South Beach Grill in Boca Grande, and the Lock and Key at Englewood beach.

We ate at Johnny Leverocks last Wednesday and can only think you must have hit a bad night Andrea. I have never seen it so busy. We were told we 7th in line with a 30 minute wait. By this time the rain was torrential so decided we may as well wait. It passed very quickly chatting to some Canadian visitors (who now have my business card!). Once seated we were very quickly served by cheerful waitress.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Florida Savvy
    Mo,

It was because we went early ( we were the only ones under 60 lol) and our particular waitress who was kinda useless. But perfectly nice and pleasant.

Florida Savvy
    PS Where else did you eat this time and what did you have?