Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gaylord palms

Florida Chatterbox

gaylord palms

hi i 'm sure its been covered but we are thinking of gaylord palms for christmas day and the ice show. anyone know whats on the menu and what sort of costing to do both ? [msnsmile2][msnscared][msnscared]

Florida Newbie
    Hi,

There has been a number of posts on this topic and I am too interested in Gaylord palms for christmas day lunch this year. I did try to contact Gaylord palms to see if it is possible to make a booking and have not heard back from them. There is a sample menu from Gaylord palms from the previous year in one of the posts in here and it does look very nice. If anyone knows when it is possible to book this I would be very grateful if they could let me know.

Regards

Huw

I was there a couple of years ago and had a wonderful meal followed by the 'ICE' display. I have the details somewhere and will post when I get back from work if no one finds it first
    Shirley

QUOTE!!!
    ICE! at Gaylord Palms
    An Exciting Highlight of Best of Florida Christmas at Gaylord Palms
    November 18, 2006 - January 2, 2007

Who says the holidays in Florida are all about palm trees and sunshine? Prepare for the coolest winter on record as Gaylord Palms™ Resort presents ICE! An instant dose of winter, this spectacle is made from nearly two million pounds of ice!

This year, ICE! will reflect the theme "A Season of Wishes", featuring several new and revised scenes, including a walk-through holiday train depot with a locomotive to explore inside and out!

Other scenes will include a Victorian holiday home with a life-sized horse-drawn carriage you can sit in, the whimsical Santa's Toyland, and a majestic Church in the Woods. Back by popular demand, the breathtaking life-size nativity carved completely of crystal-clear ice. And, of course, three fantastic ice slides will return amid a towering Christmas Castle.

Put away the flip-flops, this event is a chilly 9 degrees! But, don't worry, we've got plenty of parkas to keep you warm!

Your ICE! experience continues throughout the resort, with Best of Florida Christmas at Gaylord Palms, a celebration of the holidays in the Sunshine State.

ICE! will be open daily from November 18, 2006 - January 2, 2007, including holidays. Tickets for ICE! will go on sale October 1.

NOTE: ICE! is kept at a frigid 9 degrees. Be sure to dress appropriately; closed toe shoes and long pants are required. Hooded parkas will be provided for your warmth and comfort inside the exhibit.

Fun Facts About ICE!

Nearly 2,000,000 pounds of ice will be used to create ICE!

Nearly 5,000 blocks of ice will be hand carved and transformed into a winter wonderland.

1,500+ fluorescent lights will be frozen within the ice, creating a magical holiday experience

More than 18,000 total square feet of space is covered by the ICE! attraction. Kept at a brisk 9 degrees Fahrenheit, the unique structure housing ICE! is also known as the “Florida Fridge.” It is believed to be the first of its kind in North America.

9° is the average temperature inside “The Florida Fridge.”

Frequently Asked Questions About ICE!

I understand ICE! is 9 degrees… what should I wear?
    All guests are provided calf-length, hooded winter coats to keep them warm. Coats are available in all sizes, including children and infants. For maximum comfort guests should wear long pants and closed-toe shoes. Hats and gloves are recommended - and are available for purchase. Think Christmas morning in Alaska...and dress accordingly!

Do I need boots?
    All pathways through the ICE! exhibit are carpeted, and boots are not required. We do, however, recommend wearing comfortable, close-toed walking shoes.

Is ICE! wheelchair and stroller accessible?
    The ICE! attraction is accessible by both wheelchairs and strollers. Although a limited number of wheelchairs are available on-site, to minimize waiting times, guests requiring a wheel chair may bring their own.

May I take photos?
    Guests are welcome to bring cameras and take photos of the ICE! exhibit. Many of our guests experience a "fogging" of the lens when exiting into warmer temperatures. This, however, usually goes away once the camera warms up. Please check the manufacturer information regarding the cold tolerance of your camera equipment. Gaylord Palms™ Resort is not responsible for damage to any camera equipment caused by the extreme cold temperature. For your convenience, single-use cameras are available for purchase.

Can I lick the ice?
    Come on...what kind of question is that? Of course you CANNOT lick the ice.

What else is there to do at Gaylord Palms®?
    ICE! is just one component of our Best of Florida Christmas celebration, kicking off November 18 and running through January 2!

This year's newest addition will be ICE! Skating, an outdoor rink that will offer a holiday tradition common only in northern climates.

Other highlights include:

The Majestic Christmas Tree, perched atop Castillo de San Marcos Fo
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies however noted it was Opry land which is having the dinner?? Does any one know if the florida one is?

Huw

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chyanmor
    Hi,

There has been a number of posts on this topic and I am too interested in Gaylord palms for christmas day lunch this year. I did try to contact Gaylord palms to see if it is possible to make a booking and have not heard back from them. There is a sample menu from Gaylord palms from the previous year in one of the posts in here and it does look very nice. If anyone knows when it is possible to book this I would be very grateful if they could let me know.

Regards

Huw
    [/quote]
    When we went, they would not take bookings for Christmas until after Thanksgiving
    Shirley

Florida Newbie
    I emailed Gaylord Palms about Christmas Day lunch and I got a reply from them saying that the menu will be released in mid October and that they will start to take bookings 30 days prior to the event.

Florida Chatterbox
    roll on october then !![sporty]

Florida Chatterbox
    We managed to book back in August, I telephoned reservations and explained I lived out of the US and booked no problems.
    Ralph & Claire

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-921.aspx

Florida Expert
    Might try calling then, already booked ICE! with the optional skating for a bargain £56 (3 adults / 2 children) on Christmas Day....

Not sure whether to eat before the exhibition/skating or after