Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avoiding the 192

Florida Expert
    Well they have now been chopping down all the trees on both sides of Poinciana so I think it has started! Going to be a mad house for a few years but as someone said there are only two lanes at the moment anyway. Will keep everyone informed how the traffic is when they start actually breaking the streets to widen them.
    But I still dont understand what Poinciana has to do with Indian Ridge as why would you take that street coming from there? Unless you mean Indian Point?
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Patti

I did mean Indian Ridge - I don't know the side roads very well. We always just drive up to the 192 then all the way along to Walmart at Medieval times! So thought we could cut out a bit of the 192 by leaving at Poinciana and going the last few miles that way. We might be a bit more adventurous this time and try some of the other routes mentioned here but I'm always scared we get lost as my map reading skills are not the best!!

Florida Expert
    They have now finished fixing the 192 near the Walmart you go to so much less traffic but if you go down 192 East and turn left on 535 theres a new one there so a bit closer then the one you normally go to. Happy Shopping!
    Patti

Florida Newbie
    Indian Ridge Oaks since 1997. www.orlando.uk.com
    Hi,

We too have a home on Indian Ridge Oaks. Is the easiest to reach/nearest Walmart not the one on 27 - turn right as you come to the end of 192?

I think it may possibly be a bigger store as well...

Jim

Florida Expert
    Yes, turn right I believe and head East on 192 and then right on 535. Nice and big indeed!
    Patti

Florida Savvy
    I'm a bit confused here!! Am I right in thinking turn right on 192 then left on 535 takes me to a new Walmart, and turn left on 192 then right on 27 takes me to another one? How far up 27 is this one?

Florida Expert
    The Walmart on the 27 is about 800 yards, turn right at the first set of traffic lights.
    Rose

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2098.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    The "new" Walmart is on the cnr of Poincianna Blvd and 535 so you could turn left at PB and the entrance is on the left just after the bridge (Osceola Parkway).

Florida Expert
    Plymouth, Devon UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, Fl
    Just to confuse things more - LOL - If you continue on Poinciana Blvd, all the way past Horse World to the top and take a right, there is ANOTHER WALMART a few hundred yards up on the left!!![msnsmile2]
    Tricia

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks for those directions, we have american friends who live near by and recommend this Walmart. My sister and I tried to find it one day but turned back because we thought we were travelling in the wrong direction. If we had gone another mile we would have found it. What they consider it just round the corner is miles away to us, it's taken us years to talk the same language and we have had many hilarious conversations[msnsmile2]