Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avoiding the 192

Florida Savvy

Avoiding the 192

We make frequent trips from our villa at Indian Ridge to the big Walmart beside Medieval Times and find that the drive along the 192 gets a bit tedious - not to mention the roadworks! So I'm wondering if it's possible to cut out a bit of the 192 by turning right down Ponciana Boulevard. I'm not very familiar with this area but I think you would then turn left along Siesta Lago, past Chatham Park etc. Would this road then take us along to Walmart or am I way off the mark?!! Is it a much longer route? I'm sure someone out there who knows this area will be able to help![8)]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Yes - go south on Poinciana Blvd then take a right on Oren Brown Road and the Wal-Mart is right at the end when Oren Brown meets the 192.

The road works on the 192 have finished.And it is well worth going down the highway now as the trees flowers and new bus stops are lovely also the road is fast flowing only at peak times you will not find any hold up .We ahve a new resturant called smoky bones at the front of PUBLICS and a little further down APPLEBEES opening soon .But as JOHN & SARAH SAY IT IS A GOOD SHORT CUT ON OREN BROWN .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    When will Applebees be opening, we had a nice meal in one on the way back from Busch Gardens. Hopefully before we go in October.

We left in JUNE and it was well underway so should not be long just keep look on their web site and it will say when they are opening ,We stay near treasure island and the had one but it closed so we missed it ,There is one on JOHNYOUNG PARKWAY ON CENTAL DRIVE if you are that area anytime .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Yes - go south on Poinciana Blvd then take a right on Oren Brown Road and the Wal-Mart is right at the end when Oren Brown meets the 192.
    [/quote]

John,
    surely if you turn right where you mention you'll be in the fire station car park [msnsmile2]. You've done this far too many times coming up Poinciana and gone into auto-pilot. [msneek]

This should be a left into oren brown.

Or you could avoid the 192 completly by heading south out of indian ridge, take a left at the crossroads with the 545? left at the next t junction, left at the poinciana crossroads and right into oren brown, but there's not much to look at.[msnsad]
    Wilf & Sarah

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    LOL - you are, of course, correct Wilfy. When going south on Poinciana you turn LEFT into Oren Brown.

We normally come the other way heading northwards so turn right onto Oren Brown [msnembarrased]

Gold 5 Star Member
    We are in Florida at the moment and haven't encountered any road works or delays on 192.[msncool]
    Paula

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wilfy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    [/quote]

John,
    surely if you turn right where you mention you'll be in the fire station car park [msnsmile2]. You've done this far too many times coming up Poinciana and gone into auto-pilot. [msneek]

This should be a left into oren brown.

Or you could avoid the 192 completly by heading south out of indian ridge, take a left at the crossroads with the 545? left at the next t junction, left at the poinciana crossroads and right into oren brown, but there's not much to look at.[msnsad]
    [/quote]
    You mean the 532 Wilfy. We are situated on the 532 and often go this way, it is probably a bit longer but the road is quiet with only 2 sets of lights, one at the juction of 17 and 92 and one at Poinciana.
    Alternatively you could go to the end of Old Lake Wilson and turn left then right into Sherberth and straight down Osceola Parkway to Poinciana, across 192 again and left into Oren Brown again a longer but quieter way round. If I was going this way I would be tempted to leave Osceola and go to the new Walmart opposite LBV outlets as it would be much closer.

Liz

Florida Expert
    Is Indian Ridge west of the I4? Is there not another Walmart closer going west? Or how about the new one on the 535? That ones closer then the one by Medievil times.
    Patti

www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/263.aspx