Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart

Gold 5 Star Member
    Your very close to the Wal Mart so I would go there and see what you think. We didnt
    find it that bad just a bit busy. as we were in Crescent Lakes we always popped in there
    on the way back to the Vila. This meant we had less than 20 items and so used the express
    checkout which was very quick. Its also 24 hour which is great when you keep waking up
    at 4 or 5am

Publix is the other one we used and that we quieter and more relaxed and we thought they had
    nicer selections.

Chris
    Chrisj

Florida Chatterbox
    Walmart is my first port of call when i arrive in florida. i am usually jet lagged on my first day there and wake up about 4.30 ish so we all tend to nip to Walmart and it is surprising how many people are in there, and it is also surprising that a lot of the staff cant speak english.
    tracey

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have used the Walmart on US192 - the one near Medival Times - quite often and never had a problem. Sure, it is busy but the service is no better or worse than other Walmarts ot similar stores.
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by supersneak
    Avoid the Wal-Mart on the 192. Waiting times at the checkout are dreadful. We ended up going to the Publix , just north of the juction of 192/John Young. Much quicker.
    [/quote]

Must defend Walmart here! Shops in the UK get crazy busy to! Would not say to avoid the Walmart at the 192 just depends when you go.
    Agree Publix is better for food stuff. Going to have a nosey in Target and Win Dixie this time, oh and maybe Albertsons?
    CDV

Gold 5 Star Member
    Albertson's sell sugar free ice cream so they get my vote but they're essentially a food place! If you;re going to Target, make it the Super Target on Orange Blossom Trail.
    blott

Never mind walmart, my love is walgreens, as a pill junkie, this store is like heaven to me, and all those daft things you forget, you can bet they have it, for such a small store it certainly packs a punch.

Alan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
    Albertson's sell sugar free ice cream so they get my vote but they're essentially a food place! If you;re going to Target, make it the Super Target on Orange Blossom Trail.
    [/quote]
    Yum...ice cream!
    Will take a look at the Super T on OBT then, thanks Blott.
    CDV

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by agod
    Never mind walmart, my love is walgreens, as a pill junkie, this store is like heaven to me, and all those daft things you forget, you can bet they have it, for such a small store it certainly packs a punch.

Alan
    [/quote]

It is dearer than Walmart as I did a price comparision...sad I know. Alan, you are right though it does pack a lot of products in!
    CDV

Florida Expert
    We like to stop in the Walgreens at the top of I-Drive (opposite Wet'n'Wild) on the way from the airport every trip.
    Don't know why but it's become habit.

It is more expensive than Walmart but we use it for the first night essentials then hit Walmart/Publix the next day. It just seems a little less hectic to us...

Brizzle

Gold 5 Star Member
    The new Wal*mart on H27, completion October!! Yippee, is that 04 or 05? Anyone know?[msntongue]