Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Villas for sale

Gold 5 Star Member

Villas for sale

Could we have a sticky at the top of this section that states:

Orlando Villas speak for everyone and are:

1. Sorry to see you are going.
    2. It is in a lovely location.
    3. Good luck with your sale.
    4. I am sure it will go quickly

Save lots of posts[msnwink]

[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Carla

Gold 5 Star Member
    Nice idea RobertOnly problem is a lot of the owners who are now selling have been on OV for years so we do all mean what we post and will want to say it still[:I]
    Ruth

Very sharp Robert, been in the knife drawer tonight?[msnwink]
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Err no[msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    Could we have a sticky at the top of this section that states:

Orlando Villas speak for everyone and are:

1. Sorry to see you are going.
    2. It is in a lovely location.
    3. Good luck with your sale.
    4. I am sure it will go quickly

Save lots of posts[msnwink]
    [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
    Nice idea RobertOnly problem is a lot of the owners who are now selling have been on OV for years so we do all mean what we post and will want to say it still[:I]
    [/quote]

I fully agree with Ruth.

There are some topics that just require duplication.

I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on being able to pass on a personal message to owners I have met through these forums.
    Chris & Peter

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on being able to pass on a personal message to owners I have met through these forums.[/quote]

Which is exactly the purpose of the Direct Message(DM) facility is it not? Personal, private and only you and the recipient can see it.

I never want any 'personal message' I send to be viewed by anyone in cyberspace who logs on to OV.

My original post was meant to be TIC. However surely anyone looking at a Villa for sale wants to view posts with information pertinent to that sale; e.g. when was it built? what are HOA fees? How will that freeway being built at the bottom of your garden affect you?

As it is you wade thro' 'good luck' type messages the serve little point except to add another post to your 'score' and give exposure(for some) to your villa link.

Robert it does no harm whatsoever. This is community and I do know someone who sold through OV and the purchaser was taken by the kind remarks left by other owners, this actaullly gave tehm confidence in the owner. So it is a positive thing (obvouis I know!)
    If the post is meant ton TIG in cheek why post it in the first place, what is the point in that., other than to create a reaction. But then again....[msnwink]
    The DM facility is there to be used if so desired (some have it turned off), it is not designed as filter for posts that one person feels are clogging up the forum.
    The first post in the thread gives all the details, for more info the interested party would contact the owner directly.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I certainly wouldn't want to miss out on being able to pass on a personal message to owners I have met through these forums.[/quote]

Which is exactly the purpose of the Direct Message(DM) facility is it not? Personal, private and only you and the recipient can see it.

I never want any 'personal message' I send to be viewed by anyone in cyberspace who logs on to OV.

My original post was meant to be TIC. However surely anyone looking at a Villa for sale wants to view posts with information pertinent to that sale; e.g. when was it built? what are HOA fees? How will that freeway being built at the bottom of your garden affect you?

As it is you wade thro' 'good luck' type messages the serve little point except to add another post to your 'score' and give exposure(for some) to your villa link.
    [/quote]

Florida Expert

[/quote]

Isn't that what D'M'S are for[msnwink]
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1497.aspx
    sharon

There is a destinction between a "personal" message and a "private" one.

My post referred to the former, and I agree with Martin that often receiving such messages on an open forum can be a huge support to members of our online community. I know when my father passed away that the numerous messages of sympathy and support I received were greatly appreciated.

All active OV members have the facility to use DM's if they wish... it's a matter of personal choice. My choice, along with many others, is to post those opinions on an open forum, as I am doing now !
    Chris & Peter