Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: my travel check in

Florida Chatterbox

my travel check in

As from 2nd July 06 you can now check in the day before at Gatwick for mytravel flights departing until midday.

I have trawled various websites for departures from Manchester - the airtours website says you can check in at any time for Manchester departures. Not sure what they mean by 'anytime' and if this includes the day before. Has anybody done this?

Thanks Jill

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Jill,

You can check in a full 24 hrs before on a flight from Manchester, it's been this way for a while.
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks CDV - I've never flown airtours myself, always fly Virgin but this is for my son and it was a lot cheaper.

Jill

Florida Expert
    The only problem checking in with mytravel the day before is that you do not get your boarding cards. You have to go down in the morning to get checked out by their security people where they take your first night address etc, only after this can you pick up your boarding cards so really your not gaining much except to get rid of your luggage hope this helps
    Eric

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by erowlands
    The only problem checking in with mytravel the day before is that you do not get your boarding cards. You have to go down in the morning to get checked out by their security people where they take your first night address etc, only after this can you pick up your boarding cards so really your not gaining much except to get rid of your luggage hope this helps
    Eric
    [/quote]

Eric even though you don't get boarding cards do they still allocate your seating, if not then I can't really see the point other than getting rid of the luggage.

Thanks
    Jill

Florida Expert
    Jill,we did ask and were told by the only check in girl there,(who was full of the joys of spring)that our seats were together but would have to check the boarding passes when we picked them up in the morning, we felt we wasted our time to be honest.

Thanks

Eric

Florida Chatterbox
    Thanks Eric - I've given my son the information, he says he'll ask the day before as I've booked them into a hotel on site but won't rely on it.

Jill