Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: July flights

Florida Expert

July flights

Hi, like I have mentioned many times before, me and my family fly out to Florida next July.

We are due to depart here at 12.10 pm and land in Florida 16.45 on the 5th.

As this month is known for it's thunderstorms[msnscared] What happens if there is a storm when we are coming in to land[msneek], I am a worrier and this is freaking me out, I don't like flying and just see it as a means to an end I am not quite sure I want to see an answer to this question, but go ahead give me the truth[msncry]
    vicky

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Vicky

Thunderstorms are quite common in July, but they normally only last maximum about an hour. Going to Orlando the amount of times we have been in the last couple of years, we have yet to land when its raining. Don't worry, There is more chance of it raining in the UK when you land or take off than in Florida.
    CERI

Florida Expert
    Lets hope so[msnscared]
    Thanks anyway.
    Ohhh nearly time for the launch, isn't it exciting[msnsmile2]
    vicky

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jovi
    Hi, like I have mentioned many times before, me and my family fly out to Florida next July.

We are due to depart here at 12.10 pm and land in Florida 16.45 on the 5th.

As this month is known for it's thunderstorms[msnscared] What happens if there is a storm when we are coming in to land[msneek], I am a worrier and this is freaking me out, I don't like flying and just see it as a means to an end I am not quite sure I want to see an answer to this question, but go ahead give me the truth[msncry]
    [/quote]

Please don't worry about it, if there is a storm directly overhead the airport then you would just hold a few miles away while it passes and then land as normal[msnwink]

Happy Flying[msnsmile]

Dont worry Vicky, the airport will not let the plane land if there is a thunderstorm. We flew from Calgary to Toronto on Wednesday and we were the last plane to land before they shut the airport down due to thunderstorms. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to disembark the plane until the storm passed by. Nearly three hours later we finally got off the plane. The pilot did say that this was very rare and it usually passes within an hour.
    Glenda and Geoff

We flew into a thunderstorm, and as Mach says, we went onto a holding pattern over Tampa until we could land, last 2 trip have flown into pouring rain, the roads seem to be quieter and its easier when leaving the airport. Plus the weather has been really good for the rest of the holiday.

Diane

Florida Expert
    yes vicky as said plenty of short sharp storms are common.
    we luckily flew into a nasty one 2 years ago . we held over orlando for a bout 30 mins, but things got worse so they then headed us towards tampa to land safely, but the blighter moved towards tampa so we had to navigate back round/thru it and got down at orlando bout 90mins late. must admit in 25 years of laid back flying, i was concerned, but we were prob safer in the sky

its extremely rare but could happen anywhere in the world . you clearly know it is possible as you asked the question.

never had a problem before or since[msnsmile2]
    Trev

Gold 5 Star Member
    Vicky if your a little bit nervous in general about flying i would highly recommend "kalms"

you get thsese herbal tablets from boots superdrug etc and they just take the edge off stressful situations

it feels like having a few glasses of wine without the alcohol[msnwink]

Mizzy

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
    Vicky if your a little bit nervous in general about flying i would highly recommend "kalms"

you get thsese herbal tablets from boots superdrug etc and they just take the edge off stressful situations

it feels like having a few glasses of wine without the alcohol[msnwink]

Mizzy
    [/quote]
    Or Bach's Rescue Remedy, thats good as well[msnsmile2]

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    They will not land the plane in a thunder storm so don't worry.
    You would get diverted or they circle until the storm had passed.