Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: soarin

Gold 5 Star Member
    it is an amazing ride Vicki and it would be a shame to miss out, i don't do heights or motion simulators and i'm like Susan, a wuss when it comes to splash mountain[msnembarrased]

i did get persuaded onto tower of terror once, but never again!!!!

this Soarin ride has you sat down in rows and then you get raised up in front of the screen, like Susan says you feel the wind in your hair and the smells of the different landscapes you hang glide through and it has a spectacular finish which i'll keep to myself so as not to spoil it for you, it's not scary though so give it a go, you won't regret it[msnsmile]

it's a fast pass and they go pretty quick so get to the park early (2hr queues for this when we where out in march)

Mizzy

Well said Mizzy.

Soarin is one of the more popular rides and queues and waiting can be very long.

Would definatley recommend Fast Passing as soon as you arrive in Epcot.

We fast passed Soarin at Xmas at around 10.30am and our time slot was between 5pm - 6pm

Gold 5 Star Member
    Crikey is it that popular now[msneek] Definately a fast pass i think, we were lucky enough to get on a preview ride just before it opened, and went on a few times with virtually no waiting..I thought it was amazing I have to admit for me well worth a go. It was a new firm favourite[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    forgot to say Vicki

ask for seat in front row and be prepared to wait one turn if not immediately available, it'll be well worth and extra few mins wait[msnsmile]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Good point Mizzy

Never managed to get on this ride. Queues always way too long and fastpasses gone every time we've tried. Maybe next time.
    Tonish

Florida Newbie
    This ride had so much hype, everyone who we spoke to who works for Disney was like have you been on Soarin yet?! So we went on it, and it was actually really good! We werent that high up as we were in the back row, so had a few dangly feet, but was still good, and felt really high, yeah the wind in the hair feeling was really good and the smell of the Pine trees and Orange groves is an awesome effect! Plus the queuing for this ride wasnt that bad, as they have interactive picture frames in the waiting line, where the whole crowd can play with 4 screens, moving their hands about to create a mountain region etc, and trees. It's actually really cool, and makes the queue time seem really quick, although we did go at the start of September, it was soooo quiet!!!, But yeah, Soarin is definatly a good ride, seen as most of the rides were shut for re-furbs when we were there! lol!
    Chris

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    A Fantastic experience and has to be one of my favorite rides.It is definitely worth waiting for.I think the ride and feeling of soarin' is one of the most realistic feelings of actually flying you can get.
    It is like hang gliding but without the effort.[msnsmile2]
    Graham

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Campbell
    This ride had so much hype, everyone who we spoke to who works for Disney was like have you been on Soarin yet?! So we went on it, and it was actually really good! We werent that high up as we were in the back row, so had a few dangly feet, but was still good, and felt really high, yeah the wind in the hair feeling was really good and the smell of the Pine trees and Orange groves is an awesome effect! Plus the queuing for this ride wasnt that bad, as they have interactive picture frames in the waiting line, where the whole crowd can play with 4 screens, moving their hands about to create a mountain region etc, and trees. It's actually really cool, and makes the queue time seem really quick, although we did go at the start of September, it was soooo quiet!!!, But yeah, Soarin is definatly a good ride, seen as most of the rides were shut for re-furbs when we were there! lol!
    [/quote]

I don't remember the interactive picture frames when I was there in April. We had Fast Passes, so maybe we missed that. Sounds like fun.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

You will miss them if you have Fast Passes as they are over the other side of a wall. They are quite new additions, aimed at helping to pass the time. It is my favourite ride of all. But the queues are often horrific. Great in September though, even Test Track we walked straight on.
    ellie