Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Florida Water Parks

Florida Water Parks

I am taking two teenagers to Florida next month.

They insist they only want tovisit water parks.

Could anyone help me with these questions

(i) is that possible

(ii) how many are there

(iii) what sort of ticket should they buy??

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    There is wet and wild up near universal studios and then there are two Disney Water Parks - Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
    I believe Busch Gardens also has a water park next to it, but its a long journey for just a water Park.
    You can by annual passes for Wet n'wild and also for the Diney water Parks, this could work out cheaper if they plan on visiting a few times. You would need to look at the parks own website to find the prices for these.
    The only thing to watch out for is that you are going to hit the sumer months when you often get a quick thunderstorm in the afternoon. If this happens guests have to clear all open areas, so it may be best to go early morning for a few hours then go off and do some shopping or something. This would work well if they are going to visit in several occassions anyway.
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    Wet N Wild would be the best one for teenages in my opinion. Blizzard Beach is a lot tamer with most rides for small children. Although they do have about 4 or 5 rides that teenagers would enjoy. Haven't done the others, so can't comment on them.

Yes, would agree Wet n Wild for the teenagers - have a look at the tickets here www.park-tickets.com and you will be able to see your options.
    Dawn Murray

Florida Expert
    our teens prefer the 'beat' of wet n wild and a higher concentration of thrill rides but they also like blizzard and typhoon. they all have lazy rivers but wet n wilds isnt so good.
    wet n wild is quite good in that dads can nip out with the excuse of bringing back some fresh orange juice and crisps from the supermarket opposite then come back via the george and dragon pub next door[msnwink]
    Trev

Gold 5 Star Member
    We prefer Wet N Wild however both the Disney parks are good
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

There is a Park called 'Rapids Water Park' - has anyone been there?

It is not a Disney Park and doesnt appear to sell tickets on the web.

Does anyone have any info as to quality, pricing and accessibility?

And is Water Mania really closed?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Water Mania is definitely closed as a water park now.

If the teenagers want to try something different, I don't knonw the cost but they might fancy surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon before it opens.

"Hang ten in the waters of Typhoon Lagoon! Have the bay to yourself before the Park is open so that you can master the fine art of shooting the curls created by Typhoon Lagoon's enormous wave machine. Professional instructors and small classes help anyone from a novice to a pro improve form during a two-hour session where there's surf every 90 seconds and waves that can be adjusted up to six feet in height. It's totally tubular!

Choose from two exhilarating programs to surf Typhoon Lagoon before or after operating hours:

"Learn to Surf" in a safe and controlled environment. For information, or to book a reservation, please call (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)†.
    The "Private 100 Wave Surf Event" with high performance waves is designed for experienced surfers. For information on how to rent the wave pool for your own private surf event, please call (407) WDW-SURF (939-7873)†.

The other thing they may well enjoy is the State Parks such as Ichetucknee Springs (although this one is acouple of hours drive) and such where they tube from the headsprings. That way you get to see something else apart from the inside of a concrete water park as well.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Cypress Gardens also has a water park, but I don't know how good it is for teenagers.

My daughter went in May with very young children (under 3 years old), but they said the water was a bit cold and the chilren didn't enjoy it!!
    Christine

Florida Savvy
    Any surfer dude types will be well catered for when the new Surfpark at Ron Jon's Orlando opens at the end of 2006........cheap it ain't!
    [website link edited]
    Pete
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1593.aspx