Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drink Drive limit

Florida Chatterbox

Drink Drive limit

Hi all could anyone tell me what the approx limit is? would i be safe having 2-3 pints say before 12 and drive at 8 in the morning

Cheers

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    Paul
    Couldnt see limits but the FLorida Drivers Handbook might help give you guidelins.

http://www.lowestpricetrafficschool..../driver/en/2/3
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    They normally say that it takes up to 2 hours per pint, so based on this information you should be ok. If you feel like you are unable to drive due to the drink then dont drive. I have always taken that if you drive then dont drink anything before and only drive if you feel fit enough. I am led to believe that Florida does have a tough drink drive policy. Most if not all insurance companies will not cover you if you have an accident whilst impaired.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by PAUL GIZZI
    Hi all could anyone tell me what the approx limit is? would i be safe having 2-3 pints say before 12 and drive at 8 in the morning

Cheers

Paul
    [/quote]
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Expert
    2-3 pints a night should be ok for next morning, but can only reiterate the last two comments. If you are out for a meal etc though, do not have anything at all to drink before driving home. Your insurance will hammer you.

Talking of drink driving, everyone be aware that whilst the World Cup is on be very careful. I saw an article that said the police would be out in force after matches checking on DD. Especially when a match is on a nightime and you are driving to work next morning, it could be so easy to drink more than usual the night before and set off to work over the limit.
    Mary
    Mary

Florida Expert
    Remember the Florida cops give sobriety (sp) tests along with breath tests. And I think the breath test and/or pee test is given at the jail, after you've been arrested.
    Best advice, dont! Or have your beer and have someone else drive. The cops won't let you off because you are a tourist. You'll be handcuffed, and taken to jail. And if you are in any accident, chances are you'll be to blame and charged with all the crimes that were commited.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member
    The drink drive limit in Florida is much lower than in the UK. Not only will you not be insured if you're over that low limit should you have an accident, but the Police are very hot on DUIs (driving under the influence).

If you're going to drink, please don't drive and take the risk, it's really not worth it. Either designate a driver (you could perhaps take it in turns?) who won't be drinking alcohol or get a taxi to make sure you all stay safe.
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    The best advice is don't drink anything at all if you are planning to drive.
    Better to be safe than sorry.[msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    The legal blood alcohol consumption limit in the UK is 80 miligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood. In Florida it is 0.08. Does that tell you something?? If you live here, most people will not take more than one small glass of light beer a day if driving, preferably none. Drinking isnt part of the culture in the US, it cant be.
    Julie

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's the next morning Paul was more worried about and whether it would be safe to drive then rather than that night I think.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Whenever you drive it's ALWAYS safer not to have had a drink.