Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drink Drive limit

Florida Expert
    pieman your maths is pretty much the going rate . you apparently start to lose it one hour after the last alcoholic consumption.

mary re the brit cops, i saw that . it is sensible propaganda. we should nt drink and drive and nothing to drink is the safest option, but the police up and down the country are too busy dealing with every day stuff and home office red tape to give anymore concerted effort than normal or christmas.

thats worth knowing blott because ive always had 2 halfs, happy hour at chillis when we eat. i shall bide your comments
    Trev

Florida Expert
    I think the best bet is if you feel like having a drink stay at the villa and have a baraque and you have no worries having a few beers , but if you want to dine and wine either taxi or someone stays on the soft drinks . it means there is less stress and no hassle .
    Olive

Florida Expert
    Found this on another site. I know the original question was about driving the morning after drinking, but I thought these tips might help a few new drivers in Florida.

1. In the U.S.A. you drive on the right hand side of the road. You WILL be fined for speeding. You are not allowed to drink and drive and you must turn on your headlights when driving in rain or reduced visibility.
    2. Always stop at a stop sign! Even though the junction may be clear, you are obliged to come to a complete stop before continuing.
    3. Unless otherwise stated, you may turn RIGHT at a RED traffic light providing of course that it is safe to do so. When crossing the road on foot, make sure that you look LEFT first.
    4. When going to petrol stations, you may be required to pay before filling up. All cars use regular unleaded petrol and it is cheaper to use Self Service stations.
    5. If you are stopped by the police for any reason you must stay in your vehicle until the officer comes to you. Do not attempt to get out of the car. If you do not have both your driving license and rental agreement with you, you can be fined.
    6. Should you have an accident, you MUST report it to the local Police. You must not leave the scene of an accident and you must ask for a copy of the report for your car rental company. You should then telephone your car rental company and advise them of the situation
    7. NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE: It is illegal in the State of Florida to visibly carry alcohol or to have an opened container of alcohol in the vehicle. If you are found guilty of Driving Whilst Intoxicated, you will go to prison.
    8. On multi-lane roads, you can be overtaken by vehicles in both the outside and inside lanes. American drivers in general will not allow you to cut in so make sure that you are in the correct lane at junctions.
    9. Roads are much wider than in the U.K. and driving tends to be easier.
    10. Rush hour is normally between 7:00 and 10:30 in the morning and between 15:00 and 19:00 in the afternoon.
    11. You are required to STOP if a school bus stops, even if you are on the other side of the road. It is illegal to overtake a school bus when it is stopped for loading or unloading passengers. You should remain stationary until all the children are clear of the road and the bus has moved off. When entering a school district, watch out for reduced speed signs.

Florida Savvy
    Easy the same rules applies in our house wherevever we are, if your driving (normally Me) Then don't drink .

If we both would like a drink then taxi's are order of the day.
    Tim & Jackie Fawson

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1056.aspx

" but the police up and down the country are too busy dealing with every day stuff and home office red tape to give anymore concerted effort than normal or christmas".

Just a word of advice to you all in the UK, not all the Police in the UK are too busy dealing with every day stuff, Drink Driving is every day stuff to officers from the Road Policing Units and they are out there in force seeing there is a TISPOL Europeon drink drive initative currently running.

Jen & Amy

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1481.aspx

Florida Expert
    My husband works as a police doctor and has just gone out to do a test on someone - happens 2/3 times he is on call so I can second the opinion that the police do pick people up regularly!
    He never drinks and drives but especially in the US as the laws are so tight. The level you are proposing to drink would probably be out of your system for UK levels but there would be some doubt for the US levels as they are so low. And of course they take this much more seriously as a crime in the US.
    Better to limit the alcohol!
    Joyce
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1917.aspx

Florida Expert
    To amswer the original question, i think having 2 or 3 pints in your villa before midnight and then driving at 8AM will be okay.

When in Florida i usually buy a 24 pack of Old Milwaulkee to drink in the villa and therefore have a couple of cans a night when i know i won't be doing any more driving. After a good nights sleep etc i cannot see how you'd be over the drink drive limit at 8 the next morning after a couple of cans, but obviously know you would be if you'd drank enough to be drunk eg 6-8 cans.