Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busch and travellers cheques

Florida Expert
    I've used Travellers Cheques loads of times in the US and have never ever been asked for ID.

I have been asked to do Chip and PIN in Publix but even though i knew my PIN the darn thing wouldn't work and i had to use a different card that wasn't chip and pin (wouldn't let me sign with the one that was[?])

The other strange thing about credit card signatures is in big stores like Burdines you sign an electronic pad with a magnetic pen giving a signature that looks nothing like it would on a piece of paper[?]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    Have just returned from Florida[msnsad]and took some cash but mainly travellers cheques and credit card (Nationwide as it's the best one to use abroad). Amex tc and Amex say in their blurb that you don't need id. Went to Busch and bought a picture of daughter on Sheikra with TC, no id. Wanted to buy something from gift shop and they wouldn't do it without id. They don't care about what Amex say, it is their policy. Had been in Flotida for 2 weeks by then with no trouble. On the way home stopped in Perkins for dinner same thing (they let it go as we had already eaten the food!) and the next night in Bob Evans where we had already eaten 5 times with TC. Anybody else had any probs and what is the deal with TC please.
    [/quote]
    Unless you travelled there by bus you should have had your Drivers Licence with you as you have to carry it with you when driving.
    [/quote]
    My old style licence is no good as they usually want photo ID[msnsad]

Liz