Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everest on tv last night

Gold 5 Star Member

Everest on tv last night

did anyone see last nights holiday programme on the bbc at 7pm?

they had a feature on the new Everest ride at AK, there was a guy from britain who is one of britains best mountain climbers and he had conquered the real Everest

they where comparing the setting of Everest in animal kingdom with the real thing (the country, it's buildings etc) and the mountain climber was very impressed and said it was all very realistic and the attention to detail was fab

it showed footage of them on the actual ride and it looked fantastic[clap][clap][clap]

now i just have to wait another 9 months before i can experience it for myself[msncry]

Mizzy

Can't wait to try it!!
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    Went on it on Sunday. It's fab. My 4 year old was tall enough to go on it too. If they measure you and you reach the height limit they stamp your hand with YETI. My son thought this was really cool and loved the ride too.

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    What exactly does it do? Can anyone explain please.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jackie greaves
    [/quote]It's like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Magic Kingdom only a lot faster and it goes backwards![msnscared]
    Glenda and Geoff

Florida Expert
    Looks great! [clap][clap]

Gold 5 Star Member jackie greaves's Avatar
    Thans Glenda and Geoff. It sounds great, must give it ago next time we are over.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jackie greaves
    [/quote]

someone has already posted a video link somewhere on the site Jackie

but it looks a bit like big thunder mountain but as you go up you come to a section where the track has been ripped up and there's no way forward so yep! you guessed it a huge drop backwards[msneek]
    it looks very fast and last night they said speeds of up to 50 miles per hour and an 80ft drop[msnscared] and of course there's still the yeti to meet!

that would usually be enough to put me off but i think i'm gonna be brave and give it a go[msneek]

Mizzy

Linda, did your 4 year old find it frightening, or just good fun?
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    Was thinking the same Dawn[msnembarrased] I would love to go on it...but.. I have "scared to death" issues[msnscared]