Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everest on tv last night

Florida Expert
    It is a brilliant ride, I do not really like "coasters" but I went on the ride 3 times last week, it was excellent, very smooth. Did not feel like there was a big drop.....

It looks fab, can't wait to try it in August

I'm a complete whimp but I went on this twice and enjoyed it. It is similar to Big Thunder Mountain but you don't get thrown around so much and you do go backwards. I would do it again although I'll pass on BTM. I did think it was quite short compared to some of the other rides which isn't much fun if you have had to queue for a long time fortunately we used fast passes so only had to wait about 10 minutes.
    Julie

Florida Savvy
    We managed to ride Expedition Everest back in February.

As usual I had to ride it first to check that it was suitable - NOT for my children but for my Husband !!

I thought it was fantastic and did managed to persuade Hubby to go on it and he really enjoyed it.

Its a great ride, fast and as others have said it does go backwards. The queue for the ride is also very good with lots to look at while you are waiting.

Enjoy.

Clair
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/495.aspx

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dawn
    Linda, did your 4 year old find it frightening, or just good fun?
    [/quote]

He loved it. He did say it was scary but wanted to ride it again. Until now Big Thunder Mountain and Splash maountain were his faveourite rides.
    I think Everest is better, faster and smoother.

Florida Savvy
    How do you do it! We can't get our 11 year old to go on anything other than the kiddy rides.

Could be something to with the fact we talked her into going on Terror Towers, that was over a year ago but she hasn't forgiven us yet[msneek]

Tracey
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1811.aspx

Florida Expert
    Watched it on TV with our daughter and she says she can't wait to try it on our next visit.

Tracey - we have an 11 year old like that although he did surprise us and did Skycoaster at Old Town this year. It's our 7 year old that is the adrenaline junkie and wants to do everything - she gets most upset if she is not tall enough

Mr & Mrs Pegasus

Florida Expert
    My 6 1/2 year old (she gets very cross if I just say 6!) loved Everest but she loved everything. Nexest oldest is iffy with rides; some she likes some she doesn't. She loved it. Eldest and husband love all coasters (particularly Sheikra and Kracken) and they enjoyed it too. I'm going to be left on my own a lot soon once youngest is tall enough to go on everthing!

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    I was too scared to go on it [msnscared] (Everest) and so just watched with the little ones. I have been on Thunder mountain, a few times, but splash mountain only once as I was scared of the drop, I like speed but not drops.

Such a wimp!
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    since i started this post i had over 9 months to wait, now it's only 2 more weeks til i can get the chance to try this ride out

i'm a bit of a wimp who finds thunder mountain a little scary [msnembarrased] so i'm hoping i have the guts to ride it[msneek]

only 2 more weeks!, i've got to say that again, only 2 more weeks!!!!!!! i'm soooooo excited[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]