Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A good business wanted in Orlando Florida

Gold 5 Star Member
    My bug guy in FL was just saying they are losing a lot of custom....STR homes going to locals..he's lost 7 homes around me in the last few months alone..

Tell him there is plenty of business if he looks for it, the company I used to use has a waiting list! If he has a stock of around 100 homes then he would expect to gain/lose 2 or 3 % per month, which is about what he is doing. He needs to work on the 'gain' sode of things.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    My bug guy in FL was just saying they are losing a lot of custom....STR homes going to locals..he's lost 7 homes around me in the last few months alone..
    [/quote]

Hi Folks
    We have been doing a lot of research over the last 12 months on buying a business.We dont really want to go the E2 way.Buying a business,all the problems,pay all your taxes,contribute to the country and having to get out when we retire does not interest us in the slightist.We are perhaps looking at the L visa and keeping our UK business going for a couple of years or so.We have looked very seriously into this.We do ok here in the UK and would not just pack up and go to Orlando to lose what we have built up here in the UK.

Gold 5 Star Member
    That is a very sensible attitude. You can premium process L1 in fifteen days not months as with E2, if you buy an existing business are likely to get three years rather than one year if you set one up and you can file for green card at the end of the first year. Sounds like a plan.
    Julie

Hi Esprit,thanks for the info,it does sound like a plan.

Daz n Kaz,

Good luck to you. From the original post I assumed that you had just thought on a whim that you fancied moving to Florida. If, like you say, you have done your research I am sure you will eventually realise the best plan to get the visa you require.

Keep in touch with the forum and let us know how everything goes.

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Thanks Karen,we have been thinking about it for a couple of years.But it is such a big move,and a lot to consider.It sounds a dream on the face of it,but as you know,the grass aint always greener on the other side,but it sure looks more healthy!
    Will keep you posted.
    Take care
    Daz n Kaz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Some people have no problems and have a great life here..so the grass is greener in some cases..
    If you're trying to leave behind crime..bad schools..PC gone wild..illegals..then you're going to find all that 10 fold here..if you want a different life..to meet new American friends and neighbours..a hot summer if moving somewere warm..then you should be more than happy here..remember money is the key..along with planning..going a route that leads to a greencard takes a lot of worry out your move..and gives you a future you can plan..having a greencard does not stop you having problems..but it sure takes away a lot of them...good luck..[msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Daz"N"Kaz
    Hi,we are due out to Orlando in 6 weeks time,and would be interested if anyone knows of a good sound business for sale.It would have to be located in the Orlando/Kissimmee/Clermont/Davenport areas.We are looking at Home Management/Lawns/pool/retail,but are willing to consider all.It must be a good sound business that would qualify for visas.Also a good business broker and immigration lawyer.
    Thanks
    [/quote]

Home management, I guess you mean Property Management. You have to be a Florida Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate before you can do anything in Property Management.

Also, looking at your destination choices it looks like you've vacationed here and liked it. Belive me, and most other transplanted Brits, Florida is great to visit, but it's a 'Third World State' to live in. If you want the weather, try the Carolinas or look out west. Arizona, Nevada, or California are all far better places to live than Florida. And probably alot cheaper. Florida is becoming a very expensive plave to live. What with all insurance rates going up, and gas now at almost $3.00 a gallon. I know it's cheaper than the UK, but we've had under $1.30 gas for a long time. Don't get sucked in to the idea that Florida is all Disney and cheap steaks.
    Don't get me wrong, I love it here. But I'm in Florida for my job. I'd move out west in a heartbeat if I could.
    Good luck anyway.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think its worth thinking about moving to a different State...but I don't think FL is that bad ....Ins is going up all over the USA for one reason or another..floods...land slides..storms..twisters..earthquakes...a lot of one time cheap places to live are nolonger that..I'd not go to CA for any reason..a few friends are trying to move back East after living in AZ 3 years or so..

FL is a poor State..but growing..and a lot of middle class Americans would move there in a heartbeat if the right jobs were there...its also an easy trip back to the UK..FL does have more pros than cons for most Brits...but I think its becoming harder to get a visa to move there..it seems like the US does not want a little Britain...and I must say its getting harder to go anywhere in the Orlando area...without hearing the Brit accent..