Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car hire

Florida Savvy

car hire

Hi all, only 2 months 10 days to go, can't wait, my question is i have hired a car from this site from Dollar a 4x4, they advertise a jeep grand cherokee will i actually get this or am i more likely to get something similer.

Many Thanks great site

Poolman

Gold 5 Star Member
    Dollar tend to allocate on arrival, so may get it or more likely something similar.
    A friend of mine recently booked a 8 seater mini van but were given a 12 seater, and another booked a convertable, they were given a PT Convertable but asked for a Seebring and were given a Seebring it goes down to availabilty but it maybe worth asking at the Dollar desk
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Expert
    We have booked a grand jeep cherokee several times from here and have always so far had just that
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1497.aspx
    sharon

Most of the time we have had what we booked including the Jeep last time. When they have not had what was ordered they have always offered a free upgrade which you can always bring back and change for the lower grade if you want.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

I booked the Jeep 4x4 with Dollar through this site for our February trip and was delighted after refusing their offer to upgrade, that they didnt have a Jeep. We got upgraded free to the Dodge Dorango Beautiful motor[msnsmile2]

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Last year we booked a Grand Jeep Cherokee and were offered an upgrade to a Dodge Durango, we refused and they gave it to us for FREE anyway. It is a brilliant car, but very large for just 2 people, we didn't half fill the luggage space, even coming home (with extra cases)!!!!

At Christmas, we booked a Jeep Cherokee and was offered an upgrade at the airport. The upgrade we turned down and went to the car park to find a Dodge Durango 7 seat 4X4 waiting for us.
    Have fun!!!

Florida Expert
    We ordered a Jeep from this site and were given a Durango without being asked to upgrade. I saw no Jeeps in the car park. The Durango was huge for the two of us but boy did I get a lot of shopping in it. Great car.
    Pat

Florida Chatterbox
    In March I ordered a Jeep, offered an upgrade to Durango, turned it down but when we got to car park found a Jeep[:O] So it doesn't always work.

Still I thought it was just as good as the Durango I was given several trips ago. Then we had hired a 7 seater for just two of us (we always have 4 huge bags and golf clubs and that time we were flying BA) When we got to car park we had been given a "school bus" by the trainee at the counter, went back to key collection and was offered a Durango. The name meant nothing to me, I just wanted something with plenty of luggage space rather than seats. Top car, now on my Lottery wish list[msnsmile2]

Administrator
    If you book a 4x4 you usually do get a Grand Cherokee, but as you can see above often are allocated the 7/8 seater Durango.

Dollar see the Durango as an upgrade, but as it is in the 4x4 category, if you are charged by Dollar for upgrading to a Durango, we can help you claim back the upgrade fee from Dollar once you return to the UK (but keep all your paperwork).

What we can't do is request a Durango in advance, so dont book a 4x4 if you have more than 5 people in the hope you will receive a Durango, just in case there is not one available.