Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car hire

Florida Savvy
    Many Thanks for all your advice i think i will turn down an upgrade as there is only four adults and one child in our party the jeep will be fine.

poolman

Florida Junior
    Roger,

How easy is to obtain a refund for a 4x4 upgrade, I am about to book a 4x4 via this site for the 29/7 and I would prefer a durango as I have driven these in the past, however I know dollar increase the upgrade costs at peak holiday times (they wanted an extra £340 when we were over at christmas) and I would be reluctant to pay this if it was a problem to reclaim it.

Cheers
    Joe

Administrator
    It's easy, but takes around 4 weeks once you return to the UK. Make sure you keep your paperwork from Dollar, and email us as soon as possible after you return (stating the exact amount charged by Dollar for the upgrade). Typically, if they do charge at all, they charge $10 per day plus approx 12% tax.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jotter
    Roger,

How easy is to obtain a refund for a 4x4 upgrade, I am about to book a 4x4 via this site for the 29/7 and I would prefer a durango as I have driven these in the past, however I know dollar increase the upgrade costs at peak holiday times (they wanted an extra £340 when we were over at christmas) and I would be reluctant to pay this if it was a problem to reclaim it.

Cheers
    Joe
    [/quote]

I've booked a 7 seater with Dollar for out trip in Novemebre and would love a Durango, am I likely to get one??[msnscared]

Diane.

I shouldnt think you will get a Durango when you have booked a 7 seater Diane, as the Durango is really only suitable for 5 people.

You are more likely to get a Durango if you have booked a 4X4 Jeep.

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

Administrator
    It's possible, but you would almost certainly be charged an upgrade fee by Dollar, which we would not then be able to claim back for you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
    I've booked a 7 seater with Dollar for out trip in Novemebre and would love a Durango, am I likely to get one??[msnscared]

Diane.
    [/quote]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by roger
    It's possible, but you would almost certainly be charged an upgrade fee by Dollar, which we would not then be able to claim back for you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger

Diane.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Thats not a problem, I was just wondering what we would get? On the Dollar site site it does mention Durango or equevellent and I was just wondering what we might get. Would be a very happy bunny if it was a Durengo though [msnwink]
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    We booked a Jeep Cherokee in May through Dollar Express and we got upgraded to a Jeep commander,a friend got upgraded to a Dodge Durango.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Administrator
    That's a good point, as I've mentioned in other threads. If you become a member of Dollar Express (free of charge) you are far more likely to get free upgrades. We are one of few (if any other) agents able to include your Express membership details on your bookings wih us, and it really does help (as well as avoiding any posible queues).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by palmvillas
    We booked a Jeep Cherokee in May through Dollar Express and we got upgraded to a Jeep commander,a friend got upgraded to a Dodge Durango.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    [/quote]

Administrator
    Important - Please read this information that has come through today. Below is a copy of an email we have just sent out to all future 4x4 bookings with us:

"This is a courtesy email to inform you about Dollar’s local upgrade policy and does not affect your booking with us for your 4x4.

The 4x4 vehicle usually offered by Dollar is the Jeep Grand Cherokee (although Dollar still do not guarantee a particular model).

In the past, some customers have chosen to upgrade (on arrival at the depot) to a larger model of 4x4 called the Dodge Durango (a seven seater 4x4). Of these customers, many received a free upgrade to the Durango and some had to pay an upgrade fee locally. Those customers that chose to upgrade and were also charged an upgrade fee, were in the past able to receive a refund of that upgrade fee from Dollar upon their return to the UK.

Dollar have informed us that as from now, any such upgrade fee’s will not be refundable.

We are still able to request a Durango for customers booking a 4x4 (and it is still subject to availability) but any upgrade fees charged by Dollar are not reclaimable from Dollar. Typically the upgrade fee payable to Dollar is approx $10 per day.

Again, this does not affect you if you have booked a 4x4 and do not plan on upgrading when you arrive at the Dollar desk."