Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Online street maps

Florida Newbie

Online street maps

Can anyone recommend any good map websites that show detailed roadmaps of the Orlando/Disney areas ?

We are staying at Lake Davenport in August so any maps showing the route from Sanford Airport would be good. I know my way around the Kissimee area quite well from previous visits but the US27 is all new to me.

Any help is appreciated.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Mapquest and Multimap are both OK, but you don't get all the street names in zoomed-in layout as one might expect. I am sure there are other good ones and I'll be interested to know them as well!
    Nostromo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Both of the above will give you step by step directions from Sanford Airport to where you are staying in Lake Davenport (as long as you know the address of the home). If not, does the home owner you're renting from not provide this info for you?
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Thanks. Our villa owner has sent a map with directions from the airport but it shows just the one route. We don't have a map book in case of problems on this road.

I will check out the 2 sites mentioned for the maps although any others will still be welcome.
    Cheers.

Florida Junior
    Check out this topic
    http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...archTerms=maps

You should find what you are looking for on some of these sites
    Cheers
    Les

Florida Chatterbox
    You can also have a look at :

http://www.orlando-maps.info/flashin...17/default.htm

If you click on "Picture Route Driving Directions are available for this route . . .here" at the bottom of the map, you can see step by step photos of what a lot of the route looks like.

Gillian
    Gillian

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by Gillian-B

You can also have a look at :

http://www.orlando-maps.info/flashin...17/default.htm

If you click on "Picture Route Driving Directions are available for this route . . .here" at the bottom of the map, you can see step by step photos of what a lot of the route looks like.

Gillian
    This is a truly remarkable site. Best for driving directions. Jpj, make sure that you check this one out.
    Nostromo

Florida Newbie
    Got to agree with Gillian - fantastic site. Aslo check out www.kissimmee-usa192.com/map. Brilliant information - step by step driving instructions!

Have a great holiday!
    V.J. Thomas

Florida Chatterbox
    The website www.kissimmeee-us192.com is excellent all round and one that I refer alot of people to. In particular, it has a section for British visitors and includes loads of stuff like arriving in the US, eating out, driving as well as the excellent links to maps and sub-division information.

Gillian
    Gillian

Gold 5 Star Member
    quote:Originally posted by Gillian-B

The website www.kissimmeee-us192.com is excellent all around

Gillian
    Isn't this the site titled "Orlando-eye" or something like that? Yes, I have it saved somewhere and agree that it is also very good.
    Nostromo