Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fast passes? Yes or No?

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    I won't ever pay for the Express Pass if its busy i would walk on by. I suppose this is where Disney are kings (at least at the moment)with the Fast Pass system. No ride is worth standing in line for over an hour for, when there is so much else to do. [msnsmile2] and to charge you to get on quicker is a disgracePUT IT RIGHT UNIVERSAL Don't be so greedy.
    mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    On the day we went to Universal four of the big ride broke down and we had to wait over 1 hour to get on one ride instead of the 20 min sugested time. We went to guest services and complained and got some fast passes for our next visit. We walked to the front of the queue on most of the rides and the longest we had to wait was 5 mins. They wanted $20 each in May when we were there. On one hand the fast passes could save you almost a day's visit to the parks as you would not have to queue for the rides. Can confirm that you can only use the fast once per ride.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Junior
    I wish I'd seen this thread before I went (got back on saturday). We we going to have a non park holiday this time, but the 2Day/2Park (but valid for 7 days) tickets was such good value that we bought them.

The plan was that we would mainly laze by the pool all day, but vist the parks for a couple of hours either in the early morning or late evening.

I was very dissapointed to see that the express ticket system had gone as it meant we were queuing for most of the time there.

I've always thought that the old express system was great from a marketing perspective as all the time you are in Queues you are not spending, best to keep you in a virtual queue, then let you wander around the park shops and resturants in the free time.

I guess selling you the option of getting to the front of the queue makes more money.

I think they are disgusting- 'we are letting too many people in the park, so have devised a first and second class system -thosewho can afford to bribe us will get on the rides -those who can't can stand in long queues and watch the rich go before them'
    If you work out the cost of the ticket against the number of rides -you probably would find that you can do all the rides at the same cost per ride with a fastpass, or some of the rides on ordinary ticket -but if we all boycott them............?

Florida Newbie
    Hi
    If anyone goes a lot it might be worth looking into their new preminm annual ticket which gives you express pass entry to rides every night after 4 pm.(may not do it at peak times I can't remember).
    You can get more details by going to the universal site and looking at their annual passes I think its about $100 more than their normal annual pass.
    Best wishes
    Dawn

Florida Newbie
    Hi
    Just got back from Orlando and had a terrible time in Universal!! The fast pass express system is now $50 per person per day we had a party of 9 which would have cost $450 extra just for one day. We queued instead on the river falls ride the line said 60 minutes after we waited 45 mins the line went up to 110 mins on top of our 45 mins, people were walking off the ride. The time gets greater when all the fast pass tickets arrive so you are pushed further back. I complained vigorously and was given 27 fast pass tickets to use at our discression on that day. Shoulndt have had to complain!!!!!!!!!! Will not do Universal/Islands again until they change their system
    Brent DeBoeck

Gold 5 Star Member
    "fast pass express system is now $50 per person per day

Brent have they changed the pricing structure now? They were charging differing amounts for days depending on what they considered peak?
    Babblin Boo