Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Historic Downtown Kissimmee - waterfront

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.

Historic Downtown Kissimmee - waterfront

This is a wonderful setting on the banks of Lake Toho. It is HISTORIC DOWNTOWN KISSIMMEE and is located right off the 192 as you head to St Cloud, at the Hisoric Downtown Kissimmee arch. We went just befor Easter and our children spent ages in the water park. Jets of water in an arena where loads of children play.(Not sure it is open all year, will try to find out) There is a place to buy icecream (owned and run by ex-pats, I understand). You can also walk along the waterfront. When we were there a young bride and groom and their guests came over from the Wedding Chapel for photo's. We congratulated them and our daughter (then 2 years) thought the bride was another Disney princess. (The bride was thrilled at this

You could take a picnic, there may be a vollyball match to watch.

For the children there is an adventure style park, with rope bridges and a rip line. For the very young there are swings etc.

A great few hours for free.

Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    You just beat me to it Sarah-and if you want a nice lunch or a snack-Susan's Courtside Cafe-just up from the park and beside the Unicorn Inn is well recommended.

It's just about opposite The Courthouse and the food is beautifully presented and you get a warm welcome.
    Orlandobabe

Gold 5 Star Member
    And, while you're there, don't forget a stroll along Kissimmee main street with its interesting antique and local shops, etc and Joanie's Diner.
    blott

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    When we visited the waterfront this vacation December 2003, the water park was closed. It must only be operational in the warmer weather!!! We still had ice cream although it was not the hottest of days. The children played on the climbing frames and swings and had a good time. A number of families were using the barbeque facilities and some had birthday balloons tied to the benches.

Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Wow!!! Another addition to my MUST do list

Florida Chatterbox
    We always go there aswell, my husband sometimes fishes. I do think this year though ( July/Aug.) there were a huge amount of reeds where there should have been water. I wonder if they will die, or if they will somehow be got rid of it. The area I mean is a bit prior to the above mentioned. Chloe

Gold 5 Star Member
    This lovely area is now under threat. Apparently it is to be pulled down to make way for restaurants and condos. The locals are up in arms-but no-one is listening.

Just got back from there today and there must have been 300+ people there.

It may help to wrte a letter to Osceola county.
    Orlandobabe

Florida Expert
    If you find any info, perhaps we could all send a letter of protest across.

Kaz
    KJH

Gold 5 Star Member
    We visited this time a couple of weeks ago and although the ice cream place etc was closed could see it would be a great place for families with young children to spend a cheap afternoon out with pleanty to occupy them.

Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Do we really need more condo's. villas and the likes. Pretty soon there will be no beauty spots to visit.

I will sign any petition or letter too if it would help.
    Mary