Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Town - Saturday Night Cruise

Florida Chatterbox

Old Town - Saturday Night Cruise

One of the best nights out in the area (we think) is the Saturday Night Cruise at Old Town.

For anyone who hasn't been, it's basically where lots of classic American cars cruise down the 'strip' nose to tail and most of them are in amazing condition! If you're really into cars, you can wander round them before the cruise and have a chat to the owners - they usually love talking about their pride and joy.

Even if you don't like cars, the atmosphere in Old Town on a Saturday night is fantastic - especially if you sit in the open bar (I can't remember it's name) watching the world go by (and people being silly on the bucking bronco opposite!!!).

A great night out.
    Gillian

Florida Junior
    We are hoping to go to this on Saturday when we arrive. Thanks for the comments.
    Jo

Florida Savvy
    Yes the old town cruise is great every time we come out to Florida we go to see this at least once it attracts many people and is a great evening out.

sunshine state

Florida Expert
    Do you go through the big 'gate' type archway that says Old Town Kissimmee off the 192 to get to see the cars. I've never ventured down that way before!

Florida Chatterbox
    Arlene,
    No, it's behind the big old ferris wheel on the 192,(the old type fairground wheel)not far past Disney turn on the 192.I think that place you described is Downtown Kissimmee, not Old Town.

However, I have been on Downtown Kissimmee website and it looks quite quaint, I believe they have spent alot of money renovating the area.
    Maureen
    http://www.villasflorida.com/villas/803.aspx

Florida Expert
    Thanks Maureen. I have been there before, but didn't realise that was where the cars paraded.

Florida Newbie
    It's funny you should bring up the mechanical bucking bronco ...

Since we grew up on a farm and rode horses all our lives, my sister thought she could do that bucking bronco at Old Town. It was hilarious. A crowd soon came around to watch. She wasn't on very long and she wanted to quit!

The lady running the bucking bronco kept teasing her, saying, "You don't want to quit, do you Sue? Oh, come on." Sue said she was getting ready to jump off! I couldn't stop laughing.

I agree, Old Town is great. They have lots of old shops that have unique items. The kids love doing the skycoaster and slingshot. Hubby and I love sitting in the open bar and watching people go by. They even have different entertainers that set up and perform for free. If you like them, you can give a donation.

I would encourage anyone to check out Old Town. It's cheap, fun, and a great place to get away from the hectic pace.

Dianne[]

Florida Savvy
    Yes i think Old Town is a great place to visit in the evenings when i come out to Florida i always go to the Saturday night cruise its great and you get to see some really nice cars.

Yea the cruise is great, i first went to it back in 98, and i moved out here about 6 months ago, im right down the road from it, i go pretty much every week it never gets old ~peace

Gold 5 Star Member
    Just been to the Friday night one - smaller and newer cars but interesting still the same.

Anyone been to that amazing pin store that sells every pin practically known to mankind?
    blott