Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luggage Sizes

BA is putting the new restriction into force in July. The allowance for each bag is then 23k instead of 32kg as at present. As for size, they would be within their rights to charge excess (£120) for the extra size, but I have never seen anyone with a tape measure and as long as you keep it below 23kg, then I wouls be surprised if you have a problem
    Shirley

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    Last year while in Florida we bought a new wheelie bag to hold our coldbox. We had no problems bringing it back through Sanford, however this year we are flying BA and they say luggage must not exceed 62" H x W x L. The wheelie bag is bigger than this it totals approx 68" does anyone know how strict BA are with sizes and what happens when bags are to big?
    [/quote]

I flew with BA from Heathrow to New York last month and they were very laid back with luggage I thought.

They did not weigh hand luggage at either end[msnsmile]

It was still 2 x 32kgs for hold luggage[msnwink]
    [/quote]
    We've had an e mail from the Executive Club, they are reducing their luggage allowance in the summer[msnsad]

Liz

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    I did not know about the reduction in weight to 23k I can't find anything on their site about it, better cut down on my purchases[msncry][msnsad][msncry]
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    BA are becoming very strict about the SIZE of carry-ons and have just bought new frames to check sizes at check-in. They claim that they will be strict on enforcement. Of course, in most cases (no pun intended!) this will just require that the bag is placed in the hold.

Last November we took an internal flight with Unijet and they do exactly the same with hand luggage. Our hand luggage wasn't over weight, the wheels just did not fit into the frame and our luggage had to be put into the hold.
    Janice
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1829.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    I did not know about the reduction in weight to 23k I can't find anything on their site about it, better cut down on my purchases[msncry][msnsad][msncry]
    [/quote]
    You are allowed 2 pieces each at this weight and as long as you can lift your hand baggage above your head, it is the size that is more important than the weight, but they are going to be very strict on the one piece rule (plus computer and handbag) Though I'm glad I bought the two huge metal vases on my last trip as, although light, the were well oversized!!
    Shirley