Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What car do you hire?

Florida Expert
    We go for a 7 seater mainly for the luggage space. We had the Town and Country last time which was more than good enough for our needs - plus it gives the kids something new to argue about "I'm going in the back/you're going in the middle/I want the seat on the right/I want to get in through the boot/I want to sit next to Grandma/I want to travel through the carwash strapped to the roof" - the usual stuff.[msnmad]

Oh - and not forgetting the Hummer we hired this year as well - not that we plan on making that a regular thing [msnscared]

Pegasus

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Had a Dodge Stratus last week as that is what I was given, it's ok to drive but not the most stylish set of wheels on the block!!
    CDV

Florida Chatterbox
    We usually have a large car. The Chrysler Voyager was the last one but have had a 12 seater and even a 15 seater!! Alan doesn't like having to drive these once we are there but with 8 people and loads and loads of suitcases, it seemed like a good idea. The problem is, once you have got yourself from the airport to the villa, you don't need such a large car after that! We went for the 7 seater this time as there were only 6 of us and if we couldn't have got the suitcases in all at the same time, someone was going to stay at the airport and Alan would take two journeys to get everyone/thing to the villa. We got everything in first time though! We have also had a convertible!! Fantastic and we will be doing that every time we are on our own in future! We once had the Durango and that was really nice too![msnsmile2]
    Francine

Florida Expert
    We had the Ford Excursion (8-9 seats) this year, Durango last year and the convertable when it's just the two of us.

Ordered the 300 Touring for November(from this site) just for the two of us.
    KJH

Florida Chatterbox
    It depends how many of us there are as to what car i book we have had compact cars, 4x4,and 7 seaters i must admit i like the 4x4.I booked a 4x4 when we went in June and they upgrade us to a jeep comander that was realy nice.We are going to Florida in September i have just booked the flights, the first week we are going to do a bit of travelling so i am thinking of booking a convertable as there is just the 2 of us going.[msnsmile2]

Florida Expert
    We always have a 7 seater, we have filled it to the top,carried plasterboards,plants,tiles you name it!,it's surprising whatever you can get in,the house is now more or less finished to what we wanted but no doubt Ann will find something again to fill the van in September.
    Eric and Ann

Florida Newbie
    A big 7-seater - nice 'n high, plenty of space, good vis - since they work out not than much more than a standard car, it's a holiday treat and I don't need to be green in Florida! The 20 mpg is offset by fuel at 1/3 our prices AND I love having a compass!
    Redeye

Florida Expert
    My husband likes trying out different cars and I used to own a Chrysler Voyager.

This summer we rented a Mustang Convertible. Husband loved this car and we got lots of comments from people as we drove this. I think we will be renting it again (through this site using Budget).

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH
    We had the Ford Excursion (8-9 seats) this year, [/quote]

can i ask where you hired that from, I have one as a daily driver here in the uk and find they are the most practical car ever.
    have not found where to hire one as yet though.

we normally end up with a 12 seater from dollar which is slightly smaller.

the excursion we can all fit in and have room for 8+ suitcases without having them on laps or under feet.

Try hard to get a different car every visit - rings the changes.
    Worst to date: Jeep Cherokee. Very thirsty + aircon frquently cut out with 'overheat' light.
    Best: Chrysler Sebring convertable. Quick with excellent handling & easy room for 4.
    Most disappointing: Ford Mustang convertible. Slow, very noisy, lousy handling, sharp edges to seat runners in back.