Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sat nav

Florida Chatterbox
    Sounds probable. We bought one from Halfords which has Europe and US maps as well as UK. We have used it in Spain and when we went to Florida this March. When we switched it on then OH thought it wasn't working but as soon as he went outside the villa it started searching for a satellite signal and worked from then on.

Only problem was the "voice" couldn't pronounce Irla Bronson Highway, still made us laugh each time we heard it.

You can upload maps from the internet for other countries but I'm not sure how much they cost.

Florida Savvy
    5th time in Florida for us last month and the first time we have used Sat Nav.

We hired a Garmin Nuvi from Dollar @$12 a day but really appreciated it.

At the overall rental price for a 2 week vacation you can buy one of your own in WallMart, however my main concern was finding my way to the villa from the airport on arrival so buying one a day or so later was not an option.

I just entered the address and zip after picking my car up and we were sorted!!

Florida Chatterbox
    can i ask,
    is it safe to leave sat nav (on show) in your car in florida or is it like the uk where its best to hide it?
    thanks

If you leave it on view in an y country someone will steal it. Remove the mount and unit and leave in the trunk.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by donny
    can i ask,
    is it safe to leave sat nav (on show) in your car in florida or is it like the uk where its best to hide it?
    thanks
    [/quote]

can i ask,
    thanks
    [/quote]
    I always remove the satnav unit and put it in the storage in the arm rest. I never bother removing the windscreen mount.
    Keith

Florida Savvy
    can i ask,
    thanks
    [/quote]

We always removed it, the instructions with it said to leave it in the trunk - which with the car we had - a five door hatch with no luggage cover!! was a useless idea.

As it happened everything stowed in the glove box, sat nav unit, weighted mount (not a suction one) and the lead.

Florida Junior
    We are planning to take our SAT NAV next month. Is it still OK to fix it to the windscreen?
    Thanks Nadine

Yes but make sure you removed the mount from the screen when not in the car.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by noodler
    We are planning to take our SAT NAV next month. Is it still OK to fix it to the windscreen?
    Thanks Nadine
    [/quote]