Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travelcity direct

Florida Newbie

Travelcity direct

Does anyone have any information about European Airlines used by Travelcity Direct. I went with Airtours on my last trip to Orlando, but this time round I needed a flydrive for 21 nights and this was the only airline that could accomodate! Has anybody travelled with this airline, and what is it like to get an upgrade with them, if you arrive early at the airport to check in?

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    There was an extensive thread about them on here recently yuou might want to take a look at:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...earchTerms=tcd

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for your help, all I can say at least I'm traveling with BA on the way back!
    quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

There was an extensive thread about them on here recently yuou might want to take a look at:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...earchTerms=tcd

Danzara, I am sure that we would all love to hear your comments once you are back.

Best wishes,

Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    we managed 21 nights with Travelcity Direct from Newcastle in May. We went with Monarch on a pretty new plane (airbus) but it didn't have the tv screens on the back of the seats
    Orlandobabe

Florida Newbie
    There must be SOMEONE who has flown Travel City this year (post re-furb)on an actual TCD plane!
    We've had a competitive price from them (competitive as in the charters are reducing prices to sell the seats)
    With 6 of us (only two get to be kids now)a £25 per head difference isn't to be sneezed at. Seat pitch only really affects me and himself with the wallet. Toilets are needed by all and the boys will be quite happy to spend the whole flight playing on their gameboys. Harry potter's coming too....

Any problems playing Gameboys and walkmans on flights?
    Lindsey

Florida Expert
    I haven't travel with TCD so can't comment but we always use our gameboys with no problems at all. They are a great way to pass the time on long flights. I always buy a new game for each of us and we pass them round.
    Angela

Florida Newbie
    Phoned My Travel this morning to find out their seat pitch - 26" TWENTY SIX INCHES are they kidding??? no wonder they don't advertise that!. Phoned TCD, they've quoted me cheaper than My Travel and offer 31" pitch. Looks like I'll be taking my own sarnies and comode and going TCD! Pre-warned is pre-armed

Lindsey

Florida Newbie
    Well I've booked our flight through Travel City Direct including car hire. The price is slightly more than My Travel, but it includes 31" pitch as opposed to 26" with My Travel (airtours). The car hire is through Budget so I expect we will have to wait ages and ages to get the motor.

I have taken on board all the previous comments regarding TCD. As I said previously prewarned is pre-armed. You pays your money... So I expect toilets to not work and food that tries to pass as rubberbands. I should probably expect to suffer delays both here in in the states. I will pack a bottle of water for each of us, numerous packets of pringles, biscuits, sweeties, books and batteries for the gameboys

Why do I do this? because there is 6 of us and the flight is only a means to an end. If I spend £1000 more on flights, thats £1000 less spending money.

Looking forward to 18 September, counting the days [)][)][)]
    Lindsey

Don't blame you at all Lindsey. That GB£1000 is the equivalent of around US$1680 at the moment, which is US$280 each to spend on a 5 day Disney Hopper Plus Pass!!

Have a great holiday and let us know please if standards have really improved, as promised.

Carla