Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Travelcity direct

Gold 5 Star Member
    We once had a 14 hour delay at Miami,. but they never told us when we booked in just
    kept giving hourly updates. Now that was bad enough but 24HRS
    Chrisj

Florida Newbie
    We've just returned (with Virgin) from 10 days out in Indian Ridge Oaks and we left two of our friends there who were out for 2 weeks. They flew out with TCD and managed to get £100 upgrades to first class for the flight out and loved it! Their flight was even with the upgrade about £150 cheaper than out Virgin flights which I didn't think were anything special either by the way!

Will find out how they find cattle class on the way back!!

Paul

Florida Newbie
    OK just spoken to friends who returned last weekend on TCD.......they were upgraded to first class again on return leg, so for about £600 each that was a first class flight in August including basic car. They love TCD despite all the other views on here!!

Guess the plan is to try and get cheap upgrade?

Florida Newbie
    I've been with TCD 3 times now with absolutely no problems at all and I'm going to use them again when I book for next year. They are the cheapest by far

Florida Chatterbox
    I have no axe to grind either way here as I've never used TCD, but I do notice that many of the contributors who have had no troble with them are "first time" (or nearly first time) posters.

Very interesting observation Chris7
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Savvy
    Hi Chris,

Do I take it you mean that anyone extolling the virtue of TCD has no other experiences to compare it against?

I am a new poster here but I am about to embark on my 6th visit to Orlando and my 5th since 1997. I have travelled each time from Manchester non-stop on charters and with Virgin. The Non-stop thing is important to me as I have young children and the journey time is best kept as short as possible.

TCD is usually the cheapest Manchester non stop option, they have 31" seat pitch in economy and it is therefore in general more comfortable than MyTravel, TC, Brittania etc and about the same as a BA or Virgin flight in terms of legroom.

The European 747's they use are basically ex-BA planes with ex-BA seats and facilities. The type of plane is a 747-200 series which is the same plane as Virgin use from Manchester (Virgin lease it too, from Air Atlanta Icelandic) so the seats and facilites are similar. The main difference is the inflight entertainment is in the seats on the Virgin flight but not on the European. In addition some of the fringe benefits on Virgin like a goody bag etc are not available from Eurpean but all in all the experience has not been unpleasant flying European.

I too have no axe to grind and have read some of the horror stories on this site but I am sure there are horror stories about every operator, I can only speak about my limited experiences of European/TCD so far. The only problem I can see with TCD is the lack of back-up if the flight has technical problems but again this is probably the same for Virgin and any other charter operating from Manchester.

I'll let you all know the result of our latest trip when we are back in September, hopefully this post isn't a hostage to fortune

Mr Ektion

Whilst

I have flown with TCD four times and only had a problem with delayed flights the first time. Flew with them again as I couldn't find any airline that can anywhere near their prices. Have booked a villa with them once, it was brand new and excellant. Also stayed on International Drive with them and that was great. You can only speak as you find! Planes are old but the leg room is good.

Florida Expert
    We have travelled with Travel City as well and have been more than happy with their service.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Mr Ektion,

my observation wasn't so much that new posters didn't have anything to compare TCD to, as much as a possibility that perhaps some of them had a vested interest in supporting TCD (in case you weren't aware employees of TCD have posted here before without disclosing their connection). Incidently congratulations on being so well informed about the specification (and origin) of the TCD planes. I wouldn't have a clue who AA get their planes from