Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Travelcity direct

Florida Chatterbox
    I thought I read somewhere that the seat pitch long-haul has to be at least 28" (although I may be wrong). 26" is crazy!

As for Budget car hire, we booked with them once as a last minute for a couple of days (from Miami) and didn't have any problems at all.

Gillian
    Gillian

I'm sure it will all be fine Lindsey .. after all ... if the flight is naff at least you know the destination is fantastic
    Chris & Peter

Florida Newbie
    We flew with TCD on the European charter jumbo..The one with the brown tail or was it yellow ? ...anyway....We were due to leave Manchester on June 28 at about 2.00pm but due to the baggage door being jammed shut we had a 6 hour delay.All the luggage that belonged to the passengers that had just landed was passed one bag at a time through the hole where the front wheel is on the 747.....Apparently a third of the luggage went back to Sanford with us because they didn't have enough time to get it off.....We left Manchester with 10 minutes to spare on our crews flight hours...any later and we would have needed a new crew and would not have left until the next day..........The plane was old and it was hard to believe that it had been refurbished , my arm rest was held together with tape!!! we had row 20 which were bulkhead seats with plenty of legroom and didn't book in advance , we just got to the airport early , check in was 4 hours before the flight so we got there half an hour before check in opened....The cabin crew were very good and kept a constant supply of free drinks and snacks on the go....Food was the usual airline food, there is no way anyone would eat this stuff if they were not on a plane..The flight out only took 7 hours so maybe the pilot burnt some extra fuel, pity they can't go that fast all the time.....We were out of the airport in 15 minutes ,picked the van up from dollar and was on I4 within 30 minutes of leaving the aircraft.Sanford may not have the shops etc. of MCO but for getting in and out fast it is a dream...The flight back was on another jumbo....this one was all white with the blue euro flag with the gold stars on the tail...It was a lot newer and everything was fine except the sound system didn't work for the movies....not just mine but everyones.....took just over 7 hours to get back .
    When the stewards do the safety checks before take off have a look at the lifejackets.....Written on them is "property of British Airways".....

All in all the only problem is the age of the planes..and if all the planes were up to the standard of the one we flew home on ,then there wouldn't be a problem....you get free drinks , more leg room and it's cheaper than virgin but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

A letter of apology was waiting on the doormat from TCD....I don't know if this is standard from airlines because this was the first big delay we have had in fifteen visits to the USA and we have used most of the charters and virgin,ba,continental and AA.

If anyone needs any more info just shout.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Derek

I think the flight you came home on was the refurbished planes and the one that you went out was not. I say this because the all white with the stars against blue on the tail is the new European colours - I'd assume they are repainting the aircraft as they refurbish them.

Florida Newbie
    The plane we flew out on

[img]/forums/Data/200371822727_AirlinersNetPhotoID286540.jpg[/img]

Florida Newbie
    the plane we flew home on

[img]/forums/Data/2003718221146_AirlinersNetPhotoID383468.jpg[/img]

Florida Newbie
    Also after scouring the net, TC Attraction Tickets are the cheapest!

Florida Newbie
    Hi,
    Sorry for short reply earlier???
    Going by TC in October School Holidays. 2 x Adults, 2 x 8 year olds, Two weeks, Hotel, Car, flying from Manchester, Saturday 2.00pm, all for Two Grand..Can't grumble!

Will post after trip...[8D]

Florida Savvy
    Just got back today after flying by TCD. The staff were friendly, the food was as good as you get on an airline, free drinks and the legroom was okay for cattle class. The only problem was a 1 hour wait for luggage at Sanford and one and a half hours wait at Manchester. Very tired. Going to sleep now.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1692.aspx

We've only ever flown with TCD once and that was on a My Travel (old Airtours) plane last June.

We were a bit worried after seeing Airtours at the bottom of a reliability chart a couple of months earlier, but it was a lot cheaper than the competition so we decided to go for it.

Whilst a bit cramped (most planes are for a 6ft 4inch chap like myself), the flight to Orlando was on time with decent enough food and entertainment.

It was the 10hr delay on the flight back to Manchester that was the real killer, especially for the people we'd met who had small children and had been forced to spend the entire day at Sanford airport (if you don't know Sanford, there's not much there).

Forunately for us, we'd found out before handing our car back, so after checking our luggage in, we drove back to Disneyworld for the day.

Another My Travel flight bound for Gatwick at the same time had been delayed for 24hrs !!
    Mike & Sue Wooder-Jones