Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: CARRY ON ENFORCEMENT

Florida Expert

CARRY ON ENFORCEMENT

no not the title of another film in the series

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...st/4878358.stm

tezz 7628

not a bad idea!!!
    some larger bags could fall out when the box is opened!! something that scares me!!
    Liesa

A good idea, the size of some of the bags people bring on is stupid, and often they are so heavy they have problems lifting them into the lockers.
    Graham

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is a good idea, some people do take rather large bags onto the planes.

On the other side though, my hubby has a case which he takes with him when he is away for work. It conforms to the sizes allowed as hand luggage and he much prefers not to have to hang around waiting for luggage from the hold. Last week he was in Hungary and they made him put it in the hold as it was fractionally too heavy. He was not impressed when on his arrival in Heathrow he had to wait for 2 hours for the luggage to be returned to him, lack of staff at the airport causing chaos, 19 planes landed one after the other and there was only one crew to off load the luggage.[msnoo]

Fortunately this is the only time so far that he has had any problems.[msnsmile2]
    Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by GrahamC
    A good idea, the size of some of the bags people bring on is stupid, and often they are so heavy they have problems lifting them into the lockers.
    [/quote]

Yes and this includes the Cabin Crew too.

We always try and take as little hand luggage as possible but the twins insist on taking their little backpacks!
    Andrew & Diane Moore

[/quote]

Yes and this includes the Cabin Crew too.

[/quote]

Totally agree - it is a real pain to find yourself seated by where the cabin crew have chosen to stow their (not always small) suitcases, leaving little room for the passengers carry-ons..........

Andy
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1581.aspx

Florida Junior
    I flew Gatwick - Orlando and back via Atlanta last summer with Delta.
    The americans flying internally were bringing huge bags onto the aircraft to avoid checking them in so that they could zoom off when the plane landed.
    The american airlines seem to ignore the fact that these bags exceed their maximum permissable sizes as they cannot afford to lose the customers.
    Some thicko was trying to cram a huge bag into the overhead locker which contained my duty free, after my wife gave him such a slagging off for being so stupid he desisted and sat down sheepishly.

Gold 5 Star Member
    This is one thing we like about the internal flight into MCO as our bags are always waiting for us when we get to the terminal building. In fact on the last trip from landing to collecting bags was less than 15 mins. However the only draw back is lack of bin space on board the plane, but we try and get onto the plane asap to avoid this.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by paulm
    I flew Gatwick - Orlando and back via Atlanta last summer with Delta.
    The americans flying internally were bringing huge bags onto the aircraft to avoid checking them in so that they could zoom off when the plane landed.
    The american airlines seem to ignore the fact that these bags exceed their maximum permissable sizes as they cannot afford to lose the customers.
    Some thicko was trying to cram a huge bag into the overhead locker which contained my duty free, after my wife gave him such a slagging off for being so stupid he desisted and sat down sheepishly.
    [/quote]
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx