Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Visit - Not Impressed

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Just to show the other side of the coin, we much prefer Disney to Universal and like all the 4 Disney parks for different reasons, the Magic Kingdom being our absolute favourite .

It's strange how different eyes see things in a different way - I like Universal, but I think Disney is SOOOOO much cleaner - we love all the Disney Parks and there's just so much to do and see at Magic Kingdom that we always go more than once, I love MGM and Animal Kingdom, Hubby and son love Epcot - but we've never told our son that Epcot is "educational" - so maybe that's why he loves it so much
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    Although I love the thrill rides at IOA and Busch you only get that magic at Disney. It is just so unique - a real family place.
    Angela

To some extent I think that you change preferences along with your children!! When my two were very much younger they loved all things Disney, but now as teens and beyond, they much prefer Universal, IoA and Busch with Seaworld thrown in for good measure!! They still love the Disney Water Parks and if we go to any Disney park now, as a family, it is always to Epcot, as this has been their favourite since we first took them, years ago. They've never thought of it as educational either!!
    Carla

That's one of the things we really love about Disney Angela. No matter how much people go on about this and that being better than Disney, it's the magic that brings us back time after time .

When we went to Disneyland Paris they had all the rides (some of which were better than their Florida cousins) but there was absolutely no magic to the place at all - also, if anyone thinks Disney in Florida is expensive they should go to the one in Paris to see what expensive really means .

My teenagers now prefer IoA and Universal, but we're going this Christmas and guess what I was asked last night: "We are going to do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party aren't we?". So cool as they like to think they are, the Disney magic still rolls on.

We epxect to be taking my niece and nephew soon - aged 9 and 12 - now guess where we will be going!!
    Fiona

Florida Newbie

[8D]
    Hmmmmmm if i was given a choice of only ever having 1 more entry into 1 more park in Florida ever ever ever before they are banned for giving humans the feel good factor hmmmmmmm...........(hypothetical of course)

I guess that good old MAGIC would steal it.[8D]

(dam still a big kid)[)]

Us too King Kong - you just can't beat it (and it's home to my absolute favourite ride - the Haunted Mansin ).

Gold 5 Star Member
    When you next visit Florida RuthieB why not come and see what else it has to offer.

From December up to late January you can count up to 70 manatees in the Blue Springs just north of Orlando. What a fantastic sight-we went Xmas one year and it was still lovely and warm. They are all identified by the markings on their skins made by boat propellers cutting into them-very sad.

The first weekend in Februaury is the outdoor art fair at Historic Mt Dora-again about an hour from Orlando. We've only managed to catch it once -it was great fun. The things on sale were very affordable-and to this day I still bitterly regret not buying that opal necklace! You can ride the steam train-you might catch a film crew there sometimes. Last time they were shooting an ad for Friendly's restaurant and the director came over and made us so welcome.

If you want a bit of culture-there's the lovely Tiffany glass museum at Winter Park. This is just fabulous-and it takes about 45mins to an hour to do the whole museum-and that's just about right. You can combine this with the boat trip around the lake and look at the many mansions of the rich and famous(Well Walgreens(allegedly have one down there. There's also the squirrel park, shopping and if you feel a bit peckish The Briarpatch does a slice of Carrot Cake that you could sit on.

Downtown Orlando has lovely parks, gardens, museums and theatres if you want something a bit more different.

Then there's all of the beaches on both coasts just an hour to an hour and a half away. We had a great day at Tarpon Springs on the Gulf Coast. I never expected to find a bit of Greece in America. We had a lovely boat trip into the gulf of Mexico where we saw dolphins-all for just $7.

This is just for starters. Combine some of that with a couple of Universal days and your lovely villa and I'm sure you will have a far more rewarding holiday.
    Orlandobabe

Have to say I agree with Angela here, I'm a huge IOA fan, and just love all the movie rides etc, that the original Universal has to offer, but you can't beat that Disney Magic!!! I'm now planning my xmas trip, and struggling to decide which tickets to buy that will allow me to get my fill of the thrills and magic all in one go!!!
    Tink