Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Trip Planning

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as we book our Home

19 16.38%
  • Months in advance

38 32.76%
  • When we get our Plane Tickets

3 2.59%
  • When we get our Park Passes

1 0.86%
  • When we pack our suitcases

0 0%
  • The week before we go

7 6.03%
  • Each night for the following day whilst there

26 22.41%
  • Don''t plan, we wait until we get up each morning

22 18.97%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Planning

Gold 5 Star Member

Trip Planning

When do you plan what you are doing whilst in Florida?

This may prove to be useful to first time visitors to Florida and just a bit of fun for those who have been before.

Andrew & Diane Moore

Gold 5 Star Member
    We usually start months in advance with a basic outline of what we think we want to do.

Depending on the time of year, and if we expect some special events like Thanks Giving or the like.
    We then go through our plans again as soon as the parks publish their schedules for the period we are there!

We leave a few days as rest / shopping days and this also allows flexibility to move the odd day around should the weather change or we discover something else we would like to squeeze in.
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Gold 5 Star Member
    I have an idea months in advance of where we will be going but I actually sit and type it all out the week before we go.
    I really do think for my family the holiday needs planning and I make sure everyone sticks to my itenary[msnwink]
    Paula

Gold 5 Star Member
    it's not so difficult now as our visits are usually between Lowes and Walmarts so don't need to plan ahead now !!!!
    Jean

i buy a diary planner
    then go through the many things i think the family would like to do, so altho i dont plan day to day things i do write lists of places i think everyone would like to go to, then look things up again and get ideas of prices and what sort of spending money we're looking at
    its great fun!!!!
    Liesa

I plan things that need to be booked well in advance.....we booked backstage magic and priority dining for fantasmic back in Feb for when we go in June and I am considering booking for Cirque for our Nov trip very soon.
    Everything else we plan when we get there, see what the weather is like and how the mood takes us

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    I finally decide the night before when we are at the villa what we are doing the next day but I do have a mental list in my head of what I need or want to do that particular trip.
    CDV

Florida Expert
    I plan everything months in advance.

I have a basic plan of what and where we are going and then when the parks publish the opening times I make a schedule. The whole family laugh at me but they are greatful in the end for all the research that I do.

Already thinking about what to do when we go in October[msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    i plan as soon as we have booked the villa

for me the anticipation and planning are very much a part of the holiday, next march it will be our 2nd visit and i have been gathering a list of places to see and things to do etc;

if anything that really interests me on the forum i will copy it onto my word document thats say's "florida plans" and then it's all there for when i'm ready to finalise things [msnsmile2]

bit of an anorak really[msnembarrased]
    Mizzy

Gold 5 Star Member
    We plan as soon as we know we are going [msnwink]
    Sue
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1977.aspx