Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

View Poll Results: Trip Planning

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • As soon as we book our Home

19 16.38%
  • Months in advance

38 32.76%
  • When we get our Plane Tickets

3 2.59%
  • When we get our Park Passes

1 0.86%
  • When we pack our suitcases

0 0%
  • The week before we go

7 6.03%
  • Each night for the following day whilst there

26 22.41%
  • Don''t plan, we wait until we get up each morning

22 18.97%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trip Planning

I always plan at least 2 new places to visit (Deland, Lake Louisa next trip) and 2 new restaurants to try. (I have Texas de Brazil and Villa de Flora ear marked for my next trip).
    I also try to plan 1 new special activity (Fireworks cruise next time)I usually decide these as I am leaving on my last visit.

Everything else I plan the night before.

The other thing I do is make a priority seating arrangement for a couple of my Disney favourites when I arrive at the villa on the first day.
    Usually Boma's, afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian and one of the character meals if I have any of the younger end of the family with me.

The time of planning and style of planning must vary with the number of times you have been.
    If we have first time visitors coming over with us, I plan in meticulous detail because they always say they are only going this once so they want to do as much as possible.

If my husband and I are there on our own we do a lot of chilling out and the occasional road trip when we will stay overnight somewhere.
    Angela

We make plans on all the fun things to do and then find ourselves still enjoying the villa maintenance. At least you feel you have achieved something.
    Lynne

I book a couple of things ahead of time - Like discovery cove and Space Camp for this trip. The rest of the time we just plan the night before after checking the weather
    Jan and Lee

Gold 5 Star Member
    I must admit our plan this trip went out the window.

We had a few extra things to do to our home so had to change things around a little.

Still did most things but not in the order we wanted.

We did miss one of our Best shows which was Fantasmic, but we have promised ourselves we will do it first thing in November.
    Just ran out of time! 2 weeks just is not long enough
    Andrew & Diane Moore

Florida Expert
    We like to take things day by day. Although if we have someone coming along who has not been before we encourage them to make a plan in advance of what they would like to do.
    Ana
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1480.aspx

Florida Expert
    We like to plan a few months in advance the "official itinerary" but we always have some alternatives listed in case of inclement weather or the fact that we are totally exhausted.[msnwink]

Florida Expert
    WE GO FOR THE NIGHT BEFORE AND OCC. THAT MORN IF THE WEATHER CHANGES. I KNOW EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT BUT WITH SO MANY VARIABLES I REALLY COULDNT PLAN NOW AND SAY 4TH MAY 2007 WE WILL GO TO SEA WORLD??
    FAIR ENOUGH IF YOU NEED TO BOOK SPECIAL EVENTS LIKE CRIMBO ETC. BUT WE JUST GO WITH THE FLOW - TIRED/HUNGRY/WET/HOT/COLD/SPECIAL PARADE/GOLF/POOL DAY ETC.

DONT SUPPOSE IT MATTERS THO - JUST BEING IN THE LAND OF THE MOUSE IS THE MAIN THING[msnsmile2]
    Trev

Florida Savvy
    we normally plan months in advance,everyone makes a 'want to go 'list.We try to fit in as much as possible, then at least everyone gets to do at least a couple of things on their lists.

Florida Chatterbox
    We plan months in advance, but allow flexiability the first time we went to Orlando we loved Typhoon Lagoon so much we gave up a rest day to go there again. [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Gary & Sam

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1455.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our next trip is November at the moment.

We will be there for Thanks Giving and intend doing a Big Dinner to Celebrate it.

Not only that, it will be our Villa Ownership Anniversary too just 2 days before so it will be a special time for us all.

So that is ONE day out of our 18 that is already spoken for.
    We are now waiting to see if our Eldest Son's friend is coming with us.
    If he is, we want to involve him in the planning too as he as never been before!
    Andrew & Diane Moore