Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Passport Question

Florida Chatterbox

Passport Question

Hello, my boyfriend has a passport that was issued in 1999 (red style without a digital photo) and we travel in April. He doesn't need a Visa to travel too does he?

Cheers

Bridget, have a look at this thread.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_25904.asp

Hope this helps.

Karen
    Karen
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2185.aspx

wrpac00
    As long as you have a machine readable passport you are OK to enter the US using the visa waiver form.

Gold 5 Star Member
    A passport issued in 1999 may not have a digital machine readable stripe of numbers at the bottom of the photo page.
    If you check first and see 2 rows of numbers, you know you are OK, and just need to fill in a green I94 visa waiver form when you are on the plane.
    Make sure you know the full villa address you are staying at before you leave, as you will not be able to fly to the USA unless you have that information.

Florida Chatterbox
    I appreciate the replies - many thanks

My passport was issued in 1997 and it has a machine readable strip. I used it this February with no problems. There is a section on the UK Passport Office website which tells you what to check on your passport to make sure it is machine readable. Hope that helps.

wrpac00
    Our last one was issued in 1996 and had the readable strip but I know someone who was turned away at gatwick because his wasn't and it wasn't out of date so it seems a bit hit and miss on dates.

If you have 2 lines that include a lot of >>>>>> at the bottom of the page where you picture is it should be OK.

Florida Newbie
    You could always check with a travel agent. They will be able to tell you