Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Travel.....

Florida Chatterbox
    Point taken.

So maybe I will just fly out a toothbrush and an empty suitcase![msntongue]
    Caz

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CCollins
    Point taken.

So maybe I will just fly out a toothbrush and an empty suitcase![msntongue]
    [/quote]

Sounds good to me! lol
    Daniel, Kaye, Millie and Harvey

Found these reviews, there were not many for UK- Orlando which I think is a positive[msnwink]

We have just returned from our holiday to Orlando flying with MyTravel Airways, we have heard a lot of negative reviews about them so we were surprised to have the best flight we have had to Orlando, (we have been to the States 6 times over the last 9 years) Check in was fast and efficient, the flight went on time both ways, with the same leg room as we have had with other more popular airlines! the flight attendants were very nice, nothing was too much trouble and above all the food was great! the best we have ever had, even our 2 teens ate it and they are very picky over their food. The only criticism we have is you were not offered enough water, soft drinks etc, as this is important on long haul flights we feel that this is worth mentioning, although we easily solved this by taking our own water on with us, even with this said we would recommend MyTravel as a comfortable and enjoyable start to your holiday.

Would you fly with this Airline again? Yes
    Return Ticket? Yes
    Ticket Class? Economy
    International Flight? Yes
    Does the passenger take regular flights (with any airline)? Yes
    Service marks (out of 10) 9
    Flight on time marks (out of 10) 10
    Comfort marks (out of 10) 8
    Value marks (out of 10) 9
    Date of Entry Wednesday 31st of August, 2005

When we arrived at Manchester Airport we went direct to the My-travel departure area, where check in was fast and efficient.

We arrived approximately three hours prior to departure and requested specific seats at the rear of the plane, which we were given.

The flight departed slightly ahead of time.

Onboard, we were delighted to see that all seats on the A330-200 had seat back televisions, and settled down to the very recent movies.

Outside camera shots were not working at that time.

The on-screen in-flight map was brilliant as it constantly tracked our progress, and helped to break down a long flight.

The in-flight service was fine. In my opinion, another drinks service would have been beneficial, and therefore I would recommend passengers to take a drink in their hand luggage.

After reading many reviews, and being six feet tall, I was slightly wary, when boarding, of the seat pitch. There was no need to worry, as the seat pitch was fine and very similar to that of its scheduled counterparts that I have flown with to Orlando.

The return flight also departed on time, however this journey was on board the My-travel A330-300 (the only one in the fleet), which did not have seat back entertainment. The general view screens were adequate, until they ceased to work half way through the flight. The cabin crew tried their utmost to fix them, but to no avail.

In summary, I would definitely fly with My-travel again, and would recommend anyone to do so when flying into Orlando Sanford International.

Would you fly with this Airline again? Yes
    Return Ticket? Yes
    Ticket Class? Charter
    International Flight? Yes
    Does the passenger take regular flights (with any airline)? Yes
    Service marks (out of 10) 8
    Flight on time marks (out of 10) 10
    Comfort marks (out of 10) 8
    Value marks (out of 10) 7
    Date of Entry Thursday 12th of May, 2005

We are flying with them 29 April - looking forward to trying an airline we haven't flown with before[msnsmile]
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    My sister has flew with My Travel to Florida and my parents have flown long haul with them and they both said it was great[msnsmile2]
    Upgrade is alot cheaper too.
    Paula

Florida Expert
    We are flying with them April 29th also good price £395.00 each fly drive including all insurances etc. We have flown with most airlines to the States over the years and we have found that this was one of the best flights we have been on previously.

Florida Expert
    We have flown with them many times,used their premier gold seating which was great but the price made it more expensive than virgin flights.
    We were delayed by 24 hours one time but they really looked after us well
    Two years ago we left our home to go to Sanford passing the International airport, when we got there people were coming away from check is with their suitcases,I said to Ann somethings not right here, went to check in and told flight cancelled but were taking you back to International to catch a virgin flight.
    Went outside to wait for a bus but as Rose was in a wheelchair we had to wait for a special bus,this came in due course and off we went, half way down the 417 the bus broke down,sat on the side of a busy Friday afternoon 417 waiting for a replacement bus, along comes a taxi, all four of us plus luggage and wheelchair crammed into the taxi of the maddest taxi driver ever ,going like a nutter,we thought we would never see the airport but we did.
    Virgin check in " come for our flight to Manchester" sorry sir your on the Gatwick flight!!! got to Gatwick shuttle coming to take us to Manchester, this came but as due to Rose and her chair they had to get a lift to get her into the plane,this done off we were to Manchester all uneventfull, arrive in Manchester 10 hours later than scheduled,the lifts were broken, special white knuckle ride for Rose and her chair with a special machine that took the chair down steps.
    Anyone else had a journey from hell? all this siad we laughed our way through it all and would travel with My travel again no problem. Eric

Florida Chatterbox
    Does anyone know how I can find out which plane I would fly out on from Gatwick to Sanford, whether it would be ab airbus or Boeing 747?
    Caz

OK, So I have decided to go end April/Beginning of May, but the cheapest fare that I have found is with My Travel (£438 for 2 adults, all taxes, no car hire) which I am very pleased with[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

My only concern is that it is with My Travel.[/quote]

For that price, who cares if it is a bad flight! We've been with Mytravel twice, one bad, one good.
    Regards, Mark

Does anyone know how I can find out which plane I would fly out on from Gatwick to Sanford, whether it would be ab airbus or Boeing 747?
    [/quote]

They don't have 747's but they do have.............

MyTravel currently operates 13 aircraft to Europe and the rest of the world from the UK

Airbus A330-200
    Total passengers 360
    Wing-span 60.304 m
    Length 58.99 m
    Number in fleet 3
    Maximum take-off weight 507,060 lbs
    Maximum cruising speed 520 mph
    Engines 2 Rolls-Royce Trent 772B Series

Airbus A321-200
    Total passengers 220
    Wing-span 33.9 m
    Length 44.5 m
    Number in fleet 2
    Maximum take-off weight 196,210 lbs
    Maximum cruising speed 500 mph
    Engines 2 CFM 56 Series

Airbus A320-200
    Total passengers 180
    Wing-span 34.1 m
    Length 37.57 m
    Number in fleet 6
    Maximum take-off weight 166,450 lbs
    Maximum cruising speed 500 mph
    Engines 2 International Aero Engines V2500 Series or CFM International CFM 56 Series

Boeing 757-200
    Total passengers 233
    Wing-span 37.82 m
    Length 47.32 m
    Number in fleet 1
    Maximum take-off weight 255,000 lbs
    Maximum cruising speed 520 mph
    Engines 2 Rolls-Royce RB 211-535 Series

Boeing 767-200
    Total passengers 326
    Wing-span 47.57 m
    Length 54.94 m