Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: help do i need a visa

help do i need a visa

reading thru these posts ive become slightly paranoid as to wether im going to need a visa.

when i was very young(11) and foolish i got into trouble for shoplifting [msnembarrased]and was given a caution. (this was 28yrs ago)

i subsequently went onto be a civil servant and got full security clearance(signed official secrets act) with no problems and recently have had a clear CRB check(states no criminal convictions) done again with no problems.

My delima is yes ive been arrested (do underage arrests count?)so i should apply, but there doesnt seem to be any record of it so will i get away with it?

Sue, as you say there's lots on this subject.

If you have the time, get a visa if only to put your mind at rest.

The U.S. authorities are not interested in people who have commited minor offences 28 years ago, however a blo ody minded official may have a problem with someone who lies on an entry form if you know what I mean.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Are you sure you were arrested - at 11 years old - and not simply charged with shoplifting?

It is not normal to arrest children of 11.

Mind you if there is no CRB record it will be difficult to find out.[msnwink]

I think a civil servant is less desirable than a shoplifter.

wrpac00
    If you have had the full Civil Service security clearance you should be fine. I went through the Developed vetting procedure some 6 years ago, it leaves no stone unturned and I got asked some extreamly embarassing questions. [msnembarrased]

Gold 5 Star Member
    There is no legal age for arrest in the UK so anybody can be arrested however it is unlikely that anybody under 10 year will be charged or cautioned.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx